New MXR Univibe pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MXR Univibe pedal

Saw an ad in a trade rag today for what looks like a brand new, "standard sized" MXR Univibe pedal. Anyone heard, seen or played one yet? If they aren't on the market yet, my guess is that this will debut at NAMM.

Re: New MXR Univibe pedal

MXR has yet to make a true vibe circuit. Sure, they sound good, but they don't sound like a Uni-Vibe.

Plus, as far as I am aware of, there is only one true Uni-Vibe circuit that is in a Phase 90 enclosure and it costs about $300. I have it and it's amazing but I am 99% sure MXR is just making another tweaked phaser and calling it a Uni-Vibe, much like the recent Hendrix vibe.

I am exited for the new phase 99. Here's a picture:

Last edited by Agileguy_101; 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

word is: It's the limited edition Hendrix Vibe from a year or two ago without the Hendrix paint... cuz I guess only the paint was limited

Comment

That will be lame if that is indeed the case.

Comment

The new phase 90 size Uni Vibe is a tweaked phaser, in fact it is the JH Uni Vibe w/o the JH paint job.

That said Dunlop did make a true Uni Vibe circuit just not in a tiny box.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

apparently the voodoo labs micro vibe has a real opto-cell driven vibe circuit in a small box...ive often wondered if i should sell off my fulltone and downsize:
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

that hendrix univibe actually doesn't sound too bad on the proguitarshop demo. Microvibe sounds good to me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                The new phase 90 size Uni Vibe is a tweaked phaser, in fact it is the JH Uni Vibe w/o the JH paint job.

That said Dunlop did make a true Uni Vibe circuit just not in a tiny box.
                Which one was that?

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                apparently the voodoo labs micro vibe has a real opto-cell driven vibe circuit in a small box...ive often wondered if i should sell off my fulltone and downsize
                I had one for a bit and it's definitely a true univibe. Mine broke after a week and I never got another one, but if I was on a budget and wanted a Univibe that's definitely what I'd get. Plus with top jacks it takes up as much space as a Phase 90.

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                that hendrix univibe actually doesn't sound too bad on the proguitarshop demo. Microvibe sounds good to me, too.
                They all sound good, but none of them sound like a univibe. Play a true univibe clone and you'll be able to tell the difference every time you watch a demo of a tweaked phaser purported to be a univibe clone.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I wish the MXR La Machine was available in the USA

Comment

Play a true univibe clone and you'll be able to tell the difference every time
                    Whoa! Are we seeing the evolution of a new type of gear snob here? We have tube snobs, vintage snobs, made in USA snobs, boo-teek snobs, and now! CLONE SNOBS!! Not any old clone is good enough for the clone snob, oh no. A clone snob must have a true clone!

Just joshin' with ya Agile!

Comment

website says theyre releasing a new small size uni vibe this year

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                        Which one was that?
                        Dunlop Uni Vibe and this one used a real Uni Vibe circuit:

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                          Whoa! Are we seeing the evolution of a new type of gear snob here? We have tube snobs, vintage snobs, made in USA snobs, boo-teek snobs, and now! CLONE SNOBS!! Not any old clone is good enough for the clone snob, oh no. A clone snob must have a true clone!

Just joshin' with ya Agile!
                          I know your just messing around but there is a big difference between a tweaked phaser and a real light and photo cell Uni Vibe...

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                            apparently the voodoo labs micro vibe has a real opto-cell driven vibe circuit in a small box...ive often wondered if i should sell off my fulltone and downsize:
                            They do have a real light and photo cell circuit and they do sound pretty good. Better than the Fulltone...thats a matter of opinion but they are smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                              I am exited for the new phase 99. Here's a picture:

Sudden Onset GAS!!!
                              Originally posted by DreX
                              Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                              The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                              There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                              Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                              I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Working...
                              X