you know what would be cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know what would be cool?

Pedals with an internal battery that charged up when you plug them into a power supply and could run just like any battery powered pedal when you unplug AC power.
    Perhaps have the option of running them on regular batteries too, so you could have 9v power, power supply power, or internal battery power.
    I never can quite trust those flimsy cables and adapters that power most power supplies.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: you know what would be cool?

You mean a rechargeable battery like a cell phone?
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

yeh kinda- built into the pedals, so if it runs out you can switch across to 9v
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

...or even just have pedals that you can put 9v rechargeables into which have the circuitry to allow charging of the battery when you plug in an AC power supply.
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I wonder if they don't because sometime during the life of the pedal any battery would be prone to leakage.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I wonder if they don't because most places have both interior and exterior electric capabilities nowadays
            Originally posted by ImmortalSix
            I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

its mainly cos i find the extra power lead to most power supplies on the ground annoying...and they are so flimsy too. One wrong footstep from you, a bandmate or a drunken audience member and your whole rig goes silent. Worse if the power lead doesn't just pull out, but break. Be nice not to need to rely on the power supply. Of course you can use regular batteries, but it would be even cooler if your pedals were always "on charge" when plugged into power, cos:
              1. batteries go dead
              2. dead batteries are not good for the environment, or for performance
              3. booteek pedals are a pain to change batteries in - especially if they are all hooked up to short patch leads and velcroed to your board.
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-27-2014, 01:52 AM.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Check out the Pedaltrain Volto. Rechargable powersupply.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                  its mainly cos i find the extra power lead to most power supplies on the ground annoying...and they are so flimsy too. One wrong footstep from you, a bandmate or a drunken audience member and your whole rig goes silent. Worse if the power lead doesn't just pull out, but break. Be nice not to need to rely on the power supply. Of course you can use regular batteries, but it would be even cooler if your pedals were always "on charge" when plugged into power, cos:
                  1. batteries go dead
                  2. dead batteries are not good for the environment, or for performance
                  3. booteek pedals are a pain to change batteries in - especially if they are all hooked up to short patch leads and velcroed to your board.
                  By power supply - do you mean wall warts or a supply like the voodoo labs?

Comment

i use an mxr, but most of them use that same wimpy little power lead.

I checked out the volto. Its cool. Maybe a bigger more powerful one would be good tho. Two 9v outputs is not enough.
                    Alternatively have something much smaller than that and have it installed inside pedal casings and have it charge from regular AC 9v power.
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The world’s first lithium ion cell pedals...

Official Website for Red Witch Analog Pedals. We build beautiful analog guitar effects pedals for the worlds great guitar players.
                      Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM.
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

yes! thats pretty much it!
                          Now wouldn't it be cool if you could retrofit that kind of technology into whatever pedals you choose?
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Now you want your cake and you want to eat it too...

Comment

yes i do!
                              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                              X