• Blog: The SD Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal

Click here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deedbanner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	5832107
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: Blog: The SD Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal

cool I dig MOSFETs and the bass knob! Ill stick with my keeley modded ratII but that looks like a cool option otherwise

Comment

Well done! Another fantastic blog entry from Mr. Eichenberger. Lots of great information and clips.

I have a Dirty Deed pedal and I feel that after that blog I understand the pedal even better than I did before.
      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I think Dave is kind of restrained there in his tones. He runs in a narrow (but excellent) range. Very natural and organic sounding. I have heard some really far ranging and very dirty tones out of it, though. Dave's chops are amazing as always.

My old Washburn Stack-In-A-Box has MOSFET's, two of them I believe....My Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive is very similar in performance. I like a box than can run from mildly mean to nasty nasty.

All in all I have only heard good stuff from this pedal period.
        - Great range
        - Active bass/treble
        - True Bybass

Now if they just add the Res switch from the pup booster for Single/HB/normal conversion or focus....oh yeah!

By the way - that last clip, The Unclean Task? was it just me or at about 2:35 does it sound earily like this song?

Check out at 4:26 or so...

Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Haha...it's the only solo album I have..who knows if it sneaked in. As far as the settings, they were right out of the manual. My pickups are pretty vintagey too, and I tend to like distortion for the sustain, not always for the tone. 'The Unclean Task' is a Dirty Deed. For the solo I was thinking more Allan Holdsworth, though I play nothing like him. I liked the groove in 7 though, so I kept it. Thanks for listening, and the kind words!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Haha...it's the only solo album I have..who knows if it sneaked in. As far as the settings, they were right out of the manual. My pickups are pretty vintagey too, and I tend to like distortion for the sustain, not always for the tone. 'The Unclean Task' is a Dirty Deed. For the solo I was thinking more Allan Holdsworth, though I play nothing like him. I liked the groove in 7 though, so I kept it. Thanks for listening, and the kind words!
            From what I can tell, that pedal just has a monster range. Has anyone used it for "clean boost" ?????

I can see the Holdsworthian influence/vibe there.

I don't think anyone else will notice the Stanley resemblance.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

IS this Duncan's only pedal now? Cool video Rated D for Dirty. (on the main pedal page) Nice.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

They were showing a new pedal at NAMM, and hopefully they will continue with new ones.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

not to mention the dirty deed demo guitarist has some killer chops! Re:

Comment

Working...
                  X