Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I use pedals?

Originally posted by zachhenninger98 View Post
    Alright, thanks for all the help guys! For now I'll get to know the amp, and see what I can get out of it. Then, I'll add pedals as I see fit if I feel I need them. For those who asked why the SLO, I looked at a lot of playthroughs on the interwebs and man, people got some sick tones out of it. I play hard rock and heavy metal, and the tones people got were just incredible, so I had to get one, despite the 4,000 dollar drop. I might as well burn the old 355, except it's metal... (see what I did there).
    hard rock and heavy metal = SLO's homeland. GODSPEED SIR.
    Oh, and you might as well sell the 355 to GC or something. Buy a pedal with it.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

only use a pedal live if its absolutely crucial and you simply cannot perform without it.
      less is more in a live situation.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by zachhenninger98 View Post
        Hi guys, I'm very conflicted on whether to use pedals or not. I'm pretty knew to using amps and stuff, I used to just run a Digitech RP 355. I finally upgraded and decided to go with Soldano SLO 100. The sound is great, but would running a pedal board with distortion pedals, delay, reverb, compressors, etc open me up to better sound opprotunites or would it take out the awesome natural sound of the amp?
        I doubt it would take away from the natural sound of the amp. Just try the pedals and if you like the sound, buy 'em.
        My Website || My Music
        Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
        ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
        Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

I have traditionally always used two pedals. Somewhere in the early 2000s I decided to try things without any pedals.

The result was that my bicycle became impossible to ride. Consequently i went back to using two pedals.
          Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Hard rock / Metal? I'm thinking that just turning it on should have been 'nuff said' !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hell, everything on 5 rocks. From there it can ONLY get better!!!!!!

And as many I have mentioned - learn to play the AMP. Way to many people are buying this pedal or that pedal, swapping pups and magnets, and they can't figure out what the gain knob really does or where to set the mid knob or when.

Example: Guy playing a Diezel amp with a Rocktron Silver Dragon Distortion pedal says "I need a hotter pup"
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

yes.

it was even written in the bible!

Comment

As someone who's owned a few Soldanos over the years, I'll tell you that the loops suck. Don't even bother putting stomp boxes in the loop. Whenever I did that, I got major tone suck. I had better luck with rack FX but eventually moved on to other amps.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                My Music

Comment

Working...
                X