Perpetual burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpetual burn

I was just cruising google and stumbled across a website that's advertising the perpetual burn as available to order with a list price of like $99. I didn't jump at the chance to order it because I'm not familiar with the website and I'm nit sure if the pickup is actually available. Just figured I'd drop the info here for anybody that was curious.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Re: Perpetual burn

Could drop a link to the website
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

My bad.

[URL="http:// http://www.gearhounds.com/seymour-duncan-jason-becker-perpetual-burn-pickup.aspx"]

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

I can't get the damn link to work, but its definitely there.

Comment

Sure it's not a pre-order?

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

It may very well be. I was glad to see that it was priced closer to production pickups as opposed to CS.

Comment

Hey guys, I saw a couple emails on this so here's some info.

Yes, the Perpetual Burn is production and will street $94.95. It will come in regular or trem, black, white, zebra and for regular you'll be able to get it in blue/pink combo. It will likely be shipping and officially announced with more details/video at the end of this month.

Comment

This will probably be a big hit here with the forum crowd. I want to try one.

http://musicpromarketing.com/musicpr...ncan-new-2104/

This site says Feb 28th.

Scott, is it safe to assume this pickup will bring out some nice harmonics?
                Last edited by DarkMatter; 02-10-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Yes, the harmonics are really good on it. Somewhere between a JB and '59 output wise but tighter than a Custom Custom. Here's a description straight from Jason:

"It has the thick beef and balls that we metal players and old Van Halen fans like, plus a sweet, clear and crisp, yet warm lead tone."

Comment

oh man that sounds like tone sex.

Comment

Cool. This pickup falls into the specs I usually dig, so I'll be looking forward to picking one up.

First move is to see if I like it better than the C/59 hybrid in an Am. Std. Strat. Then, see if it beats a roughcast unoriented magnet Custom 5 in a Les Paul.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                        Yes, the harmonics are really good on it. Somewhere between a JB and '59 output wise but tighter than a Custom Custom. Here's a description straight from Jason:

"It has the thick beef and balls that we metal players and old Van Halen fans like, plus a sweet, clear and crisp, yet warm lead tone."
                        I'm in!

Comment

I'm sold.
                          "I've seen Rainier in the hands of people, and people in the hands of Rainier."

Comment

The 28th is too far out! My daughter is going to be born sometime from now and then. Looking forward to both! haha
                            "I've seen Rainier in the hands of people, and people in the hands of Rainier."

Comment

The way this pick-up is being described, this is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for me! I WILL be ordering one of these as soon as they go on sale

Comment

Working...
                              X