Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Perpetual burn

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
    I've been wondering what it would sound like with an UOA5 (or A2) magnet too..
    with a UOA5 it is warmer,more mids (in a really good way) and it is a bit more like a hotter 78.
    Ps, the reason i did not go A2 is i wanted to keep the punch and clarity of a A5 and did not want the pu to sound looser so UOA5 is the perfect solution for me.
    Last edited by SAVAGE DISTORTION; 05-07-2014, 10:42 AM.
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

I have a new rough cut UOA5. I might try it in there in the next week or so.

Comment

Hey guys, got a new demo of the Perpetual Burn in a Jason Becker Carvin:

Comment

........I think I need to change my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
            ........I think I need to change my pants.
            Me, too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
            Nope...

Comment

that was entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                Hey guys, got a new demo of the Perpetual Burn in a Jason Becker Carvin:

Those guitars are soooo gorgeous!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Those guitars are soooo gorgeous!
                  You read my mind.

Comment

I love Danny's videos and this one was the best yet! The gorgeous crazy appropriate guitar was a wonderful touch.

Super awesome work Scott!
                    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I tried the PB in the neck of an all mahogany PRS (Screw coil toward neck). It does not make for a fat neck humbucker like the Demon. It is still very open and sort of thin sounding in the neck compared to other neck pickups like the 59b and Demon. The bass looses some of its tightness, feeling a little mushy, kinda like a Paf Pro but not boomy like the Pro. The mids are still very flat sounding with no scoop or hump. The highs are very present, but not brittle. The treble strings almost have a honk to them like a JB's mids do, and they really scream. Cleans were not very lush or warm. Under a lot of gain, you have an overall feel going from a little bit of mushy bass, to flat uneventful mids, to screaming very present highs. The EQ might be Bass = 4, Mids = 5, Treble = 7. You can hear the pick attack really well on the treble strings, but not the bass strings. I need to play it some more and try it through a few other amps, and I will add more if I find any surprises.

Comment

This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know how it relates to a DiMarzio Evolution (neck, of course)?

Comment

Anyone put a PB in a mahogoney body like an Ibanez S series?
                          Seriously thinking about a PB and a Jazz for my 2014 S520 and would like some input.

Comment

I installed the PB i the bridge of my all maple Am. Std. So far I really like it, its clear and tight. One thing I noticed while fiddling with pickup height is that it doesnt get boomy no matter how close I set the pickup, never happend before. I also noticed that the PB seem to be relatively unsensitive to pickup height, which is nice becuse some pickups is a pain in the ass to dail in.

/Johnny

Comment

Does that mean you are running it with 250k pots? If so, I would really like a short description of the tones you are getting from it. I've wondered if it is a pickup like the JB that does well with 300k or 250k pots.

Comment

Working...
                              X