Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perpetual burn

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
    The way this pick-up is being described, this is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for me! I WILL be ordering one of these as soon as they go on sale

what? no more "this model in an alder body" thread or "that model in an alder body" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      Cool. This pickup falls into the specs I usually dig, so I'll be looking forward to picking one up.

First move is to see if I like it better than the C/59 hybrid in an Am. Std. Strat. Then, see if it beats a roughcast unoriented magnet Custom 5 in a Les Paul.
      This.

I'm very happy with the C/59 I have in my MIJ 62 RI, but it's been a few weeks since I bought new pickups.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
        what? no more "this model in an alder body" thread or "that model in an alder body" thread?
        Aww, you miss those threads? I'm flattered

Comment

Gearhounds does this thing where they list a new unreleased item as ready to ship, before it is actually ready to ship. They did this to me when I ordered a Black Winter set. They did make things right in the end though.

I hope to try the PB eventually. It would probably do great in my backup guitar, maybe by the time it's released I'll have some extra cash.
          My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
          The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
          Originally posted by CTN
          I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            Cool. This pickup falls into the specs I usually dig, so I'll be looking forward to picking one up.
            Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
            The way this pick-up is being described, this is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for me!
            I bet that's not enough and somebody's gonna put A8 or UOA5 in it

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
              Hey guys, I saw a couple emails on this so here's some info.

Yes, the Perpetual Burn is production and will street $94.95. It will come in regular or trem, black, white, zebra and for regular you'll be able to get it in blue/pink combo. It will likely be shipping and officially announced with more details/video at the end of this month.
              No trem spacing for the blue/pink? Any plans for it in the future...sort of ironic
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                No trem spacing for the blue/pink? Any plans for it in the future...sort of ironic
                Not immediately but I'll keep asking for it. As you know Trem color options are limited to Black, White, Zebra, RZ, Nickel, Gold, and we have a few Neon Pink and Neon Green bobbins.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to build myself a new guitar just to put this pickup in it!
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Not immediately but I'll keep asking for it. As you know Trem color options are limited to Black, White, Zebra, RZ, Nickel, Gold, and we have a few Neon Pink and Neon Green bobbins.
                    You guys really need to switch over to the same size bobbin, but with wider pole spacing for tremspaced (ala DiMarzio, Suhr, Motor City, etc).

Ever try to stuff a Trembucker into a metal pickguard?
                    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Wow, I need a new guitar so I can install one of these!

Comment

In regards to those asking about TB bobbin colors, it's probably not economically realistic. Volume of sales for TB's has to be significantly lower than the standard size. They probably order bobbins in huge lots. SD has to make the smart buy.

Not sure why they have them in neon pink and green though.
                        Last edited by DarkMatter; 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, the harmonics are really good on it. Somewhere between a JB and '59 output wise but tighter than a Custom Custom. Here's a description straight from Jason:

"It has the thick beef and balls that we metal players and old Van Halen fans like, plus a sweet, clear and crisp, yet warm lead tone."
                          Good to hear. Judging from that I assume is doesn't get as muddy as the JB?
                          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Yeah, this will be a must-try. Very excited!

Comment

This could be right up someone alley for a beefier Jem, Vai type of tone perhaps. Sound like it would be cool to give it a go!
                              Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                              If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMatter View Post
                                This will probably be a big hit here with the forum crowd. I want to try one.

http://musicpromarketing.com/musicpr...ncan-new-2104/

This site says Feb 28th.

Scott, is it safe to assume this pickup will bring out some nice harmonics?
                                Hmm.....12.11k with an emphasis in the upper mids. Makes me wonder if a Screamin' Demon in the neck would make a good match?
                                Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
                                X