Perpetual burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perpetual burn

Any word on who all is going to have them in stock?
    Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
      Any word on who all is going to have them in stock?
      I would get in touch with eBay seller banjomikes , I'd be willing to bet he'll get a few as soon as they're avaliable
      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Yeah, because I'm probably gonna purchase one as soon as I get enough $$$

Comment

upper mid emphasis?

Sounds like this may fall into Screamin' Demon territory? Perhaps a fatter/ thicker Demon?

A5 12.11Kohms

Can't wait to hear reviews on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by audiocheck View Post
            upper mid emphasis?

Sounds like this may fall into Screamin' Demon territory? Perhaps a fatter/ thicker Demon?

A5 12.11Kohms

Can't wait to hear reviews on this one.
            That's why I've been hoping that the PBs will be hot enough that a guy could use a SD in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
              That's why I've been hoping that the PBs will be hot enough that a guy could use a SD in the neck.
              You'll be able to use a 'demon in the neck with these no problem. Despite what some folks post on here, the 'demon is not what I would call a "hot" neck pickup. Output wise, we're talking maybe a little more juice than a '59. If you're still hung up on the whole, "but it is a 10k pick up in the neck position!" then consider this example: One of my favorite pickups is the S-Deco, which is wound to around 12k or so for the bridge. Pretty much like the new Perpetual burn. If you look on the custom shop site, you'll see the neck version of this pickup is wound to 10-10.5k. Just like the 'demon.

Comment

Originally posted by VHTJay View Post
                You'll be able to use a 'demon in the neck with these no problem. Despite what some folks post on here, the 'demon is not what I would call a "hot" neck pickup. Output wise, we're talking maybe a little more juice than a '59. If you're still hung up on the whole, "but it is a 10k pick up in the neck position!" then consider this example: One of my favorite pickups is the S-Deco, which is wound to around 12k or so for the bridge. Pretty much like the new Perpetual burn. If you look on the custom shop site, you'll see the neck version of this pickup is wound to 10-10.5k. Just like the 'demon.
                I have a Black Winter set, so I'm not worried about having a 10k pickup in the neck (the BWn is 13k). I just want the Perpetual Burn to be hot enough to ballance with the Demon. And looking at the resistance numbers is what made me think that they would work well together (look back a couple pages and you'll see the discussion that it sparked).

I'm going to try it regardless though, because it sounds like it might be the perfect pickup combo for my Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by VHTJay View Post
                  i could not agree more with this post! resistance is too decieving to tell a output of a pu.
                  ask any experienced winder and they will tell you the same,
                  the dimarzio HS2 it is a 20K pu but is weaker in power than a 10K fred or demon
                  I think both the fred and demon make great neck pickups with a hotter or equal bridge one.
                  Excellent deals with,
                  Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
                  Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
                  slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
                  guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
                  51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
                  king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Sounds like it might be next week before these show up

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

one other point as far as having hot pups in the neck position, I had a BC Rich gunslinger that has a JB in the neck and distortion in the bridge and that JB was one of the best sounding neck pups Ive played. man, what fluid leads..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Screamin Demon and Perpetual Burn combo?
                        Demon Burn?
                        Perpetual Scream?
                        Burn Screamin?
                        Screamin Burn?
                        Burn Demon?
                        Perpetual Demon?

I like all of these.
                        I think Perpetual Scream is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          one other point as far as having hot pups in the neck position, I had a BC Rich gunslinger that has a JB in the neck and distortion in the bridge and that JB was one of the best sounding neck pups Ive played. man, what fluid leads..
                          I can believe that. Actually, one of my favorite things about active pickups like EMG's is that the extra juice you get from the neck position really lends itself to a liquid and fluid lead sound just like you said! I haven't tried the jb in the neck slot, although the SH-6N can definitely get that type of feel. I am guessing the same would go for the black winter's.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                            Screamin Demon and Perpetual Burn combo?
                            Demon Burn?
                            Perpetual Scream?
                            Burn Screamin?
                            Screamin Burn?
                            Burn Demon?
                            Perpetual Demon?

I like all of these.
                            I think Perpetual Scream is my favorite.
                            I was thinking "Demon with a Perpetual Fire under it's ass".

Comment

I would expect by the middle of next week they are shipping, perhaps sooner. I noticed Gear Hounds has them on pre-order: http://www.gearhounds.com/seymour-du...rn-pickup.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
                                Sounds like it might be next week before these
                                ^^ this ^^

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X