Holy New Pedal Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy New Pedal Day

Well, my most expensive pedal purchase yet, an Electro Harmonix micro POG, bought from a new local shop. The shop itself is awesome, and it's a local guy who used to work for a small local chain that shut down. Tons of amazing guitars, and he'll let anyone play anything, and just hang out. No pressure, no financing signs hanging about, just guitars, amps, and awesomeness.

So, I decided to put this thing on my board, because I wanted a really good octave, and I love doing organ noises when I can get away with it. Anyone have any cool tips for using this thing in conjunction with other pedals to make awesome noises?

Sent from my chromed robot turd, using the miserable junk code known as crapatalk.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Holy New Pedal Day

I have one of these as well, fun pedal! I turn up all three settings about 75% of the way up. This will give you a pretty good organ type tone, especially when you play chords.

I don't have many pedals, so I can't tell you what it sounds like with a delay or anything. I've liked it with my Phase 90 in front of it though. I did not particularly like the tone with my TubeScreamer after it though.

Comment

Just watched a review of the Ditto Looper where it was used to put in a bass line to noodle over...
      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Heck yeah. Get a Leslie simulator like the Strymon Lex. I've been pioneering the guitar as a Hammond/Leslie thing for awhile, and if you split to two amps in stereo, you've got the horn and rotor spinning in the room pretty close to the real thing. It's one of my favorite discoveries on the electric guitar.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

^^^
          If you want to get really funky, set up two amps. One gets the dry output, the other gets the wet.

Comment

Great pedal, I have the original big box POG. As previously mentioned, use a rotary type pedal after (I have a Line 6 and an EHX Wiggler), don't forget a volume pedal for swells and a compressor for a fast attack and even sustain.

I also love using it for bass drones during looping (only the sub octave), you almost the volume pedal to swell into the tone for gentle stuff, the attack with only the sub octave can get a little glitchy and digital.

Another really fun thing is to add a fuzz afterward and go all Jack White on it.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yeah, I need to fiddle with where in the chain it sits. I'm guessing early in the chain so it has the cleanest signal so it tracks the best.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
              Originally posted by Securb
              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Working...
              X