Lining falling apart in pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining falling apart in pedal

I recently took my old MXR Dyna Comp out of storage to put it back into use. When I opened up the enclosure to put in a battery, I discovered the layer of foam rubber that covers up the circuitry has gotten all gummy and deteriorated.

It was no big deal to pull out/clean up the gummy mess, but does anyone know if I need to replace the foam rubber? I don't know what purpose it actually serves.

Ideas?

Re: Lining falling apart in pedal

Nah you're good. When I got my 70's phase 45 I removed all of the deteriorated rubber and never had an issue.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

That's what I was thinking/hoping... it didn't really seem to be holding anything in or keeping stuff from rattling around. The only loose thing in there is the battery, but that's pretty snug when the case is screwed shut. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

It's just to keep the circuit from touching the enclosure. I'd replace it with a piece of cardboard.

The good news is that the old battery didn't leak all over the inside. Put a new one in it, or remove it if it's going to be used with a power supply.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X