What's the deal with Blackmachines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with Blackmachines?

HH minimalist slab superstrats that are composed of 3rd party hardware and electronics but cost between 3 and 15 grand? Anyone have one?

Re: What's the deal with Blackmachines?

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I thought we all had one. Ace man has like 4 I thought...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Funkfingers
      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Blackmachines are hand-built by a single luthier in the UK. When small supply and huge demand meet, the price goes through the roof, as you can see.

If it ain't got a Floyd, it ain't a superstrat.

Comment

There are lots of guitars out there made by one guy in a shop. Some even make their own hardware, or come up with completely new, unheard of designs (Strandberg or Teuffel). I see the Blackmachines and I don't get it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            There are lots of guitars out there made by one guy in a shop. Some even make their own hardware, or come up with completely new, unheard of designs (Strandberg or Teuffel). I see the Blackmachines and I don't get it.
            Exactly my point.

Comment

Supply and demand. They fetch that much because people are willing to pay that much.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

They are guitars (I know someone that has played 3 or 4) and they say they sound and play like heaven nothing can be wrong with them. Doug (luthier) builds it to perfection if they don't meet his standard he throws them in a fire! Pickups and all. He tosses it, no jerking people of you are paying $5k-$20k you better get something good. I know a person that can tell you more about them if you desire I can send you his FB profile and you can ask him.
                Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
                Basses: Ibanez SR605
                Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
                Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

So that's where the cost is coming from? Us reimbursing him for the expensive materials he decides to destroy when one little thing is flawed? Does this sound stupid to anyone else?

Comment

Blackmachines aren't only made by 1 luthier either.

During busier times there's atleast 1 other luthier that I know of that builds guitars for Doug.

Comment

He burns the whole guitar? Pickups and all? There is a finish flaw so he burns the tuners, neck, pickups & bridge? Where is this info coming from? I call BS here. I think there is a small amount of people online keeping prices high. You don't have to spend that much on a traditional design that plays like butter.

Comment

The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Yeah he burns them all I talked to someone else who buys from Doug a lot. He burns it all and you are right he has one other person making the B6 the guys from Feline guitars other then that it's a one man show.
                          Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
                          Basses: Ibanez SR605
                          Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
                          Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

No woodworker or luthier I have ever met wastes materials. Until I hear it from the guy who does it, it is BS. It still smells of an 'internet sensation' business model. And from what I've seen, many people can buy a lot more guitar for a lot less.

Comment

I could make what is 3 blackmachines on warmoth my self for the cost of the cheapest blackmachine. I can pay a luthier to professionally assemble and set them each up too and still have change.

Comment

Working...
                              X