Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project fullMap

Originally posted by nightfall View Post
    Looks sweet man! I'm just starting another build myself!
    Any pictures to share?

Comment

THAT GUITAR'S GONNA HAVE A LOT OF (L)ATTITUDE

WHO'S GOT TWO THUMBS AND IS FUNNY? THIS GUY, WHO'S ME POINTING MY THUMBS AT MYSELF
      Originally posted by Funkfingers
      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Kramersteen, you do some pretty awesome and challenging finishes, ...but the fretboard??!!! Wow, that's biting off a chunk. Gonna look amazing when you're done.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
          Any pictures to share?
          Not yet, Parts haven't arrived! But here's one I'm just finishing up:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5776489
          Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

Comment

How are you going to do this neck, man? I'm so curious. Is it as "simple" as laying it down with the epoxy and make sure it's smooth as heck, or are you pulling frets for this? Are you sanding the fretboard down to get it lower or something?

I'd love to do something weird with a fretboard as well. I can't think of a more odd fretboard treatment at this point than what you're going to do...
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Dude, what an awesome project! Please keep us posted with the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                Kramersteen, you do some pretty awesome and challenging finishes, ...but the fretboard??!!! Wow, that's biting off a chunk. Gonna look amazing when you're done.
                Thanks.

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Dude, what an awesome project! Please keep us posted with the pics!
                And thank you.

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                How are you going to do this neck, man? I'm so curious. Is it as "simple" as laying it down with the epoxy and make sure it's smooth as heck, or are you pulling frets for this? Are you sanding the fretboard down to get it lower or something?

I'd love to do something weird with a fretboard as well. I can't think of a more odd fretboard treatment at this point than what you're going to do...
                No epoxy. just wood glue, sanding sealer and the clear of choice. It will be applied once the frets have been installed. The rest i will show you as i go.

Comment

Certainly coming together. Has the neck pu simulator turned up yet?
                  Originally posted by dominus
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Wow . . . Even without the map concept (which is awesome, BTW), the body shape and design is wicked. I'm gonna enjoy this thread !

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                      Certainly coming together. Has the neck pu simulator turned up yet?
                      Still waiting. I thought i would just make this a single hum as i dont think you can use the neck sim with just one pickup. But if anyone wouldlike to tell me otherwise that would be great haha.

Originally posted by T ROCKER View Post
                      Wow . . . Even without the map concept (which is awesome, BTW), the body shape and design is wicked. I'm gonna enjoy this thread !
                      Thanks Mate. It actually balances really well.You can sit it on you lap in the playing position and it just stays without diving. Still early days but i have a good feeling its going to work well.

Comment

i have managed to mount the humbucker into the body. I dont like the idea of using screws that go into the timber so i utilized a humbucker base plate mounted to the bottom. I had to grind down and smooth out about 10mm off each of the height screws. This way you can adjust the height as normal. unlike the dumb fu-tone mounting system where you need to actually remove the pickup to adjust the plate height itself.

You can see here how i hae removed the thread so it can slide easily.

If you watch this video you will see how they adjust the height of the pickup. With my system you just modsome cheap height screws and you can do it as normal. You could even do that to you fu tone setup.

Fail
                        Last edited by kramersteen; 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Here are some more pictures so everyone knows exactly what i am on about. I had a spare base plate laying around here but You can buy spare base plates from stewmac.

Comment

^ This is a realy nice way to mount the pup. Something diff and very practical.
                            sigpic
                            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                            JFG Flying V,
                            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

^ This is a realy nice way to mount the pup. Something diff and very practical. I too never liked the idea of running pickup screws directly into the wood.
                              sigpic
                              Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                              JFG Flying V,
                              "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                              John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
                                ^ This is a realy nice way to mount the pup. Something diff and very practical. I too never liked the idea of running pickup screws directly into the wood.
                                Thanks. I was considering drilling out the threads in the humbucker before i realized it would be easier to just modify the screw.

I also had to shorten the screws and springs but other than thats i think its an easy mod.

Very vault worthy imo hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X