Project fullMap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project fullMap

Hmmm not an easy task. I can think of another easier way to do this using two pieces of wood But i would need to go to my wood working guild to use their lathe etc,

This might come good with a bit of love but i am unsure. It took me a good 2 hours to get this thing as it is. I punched through the wall by mistake but if i do decide to go with it i will just paint the inner sleeve black or put map graphics on it.

Last edited by kramersteen; 03-20-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

I did it

Comment

Have you tried a jack plug in it ? does it go in properly ?
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Yes ^^

I need to make a bit more room in the cavity but other than that its good.

I will continue the artwork into the sleeve of it, It should be very bogan

I wonder if you can buy the inner sleeves for guitar knobs?. That way i could turn up my own out of the same wood to match. Either that or i could just make a sleeve to go over a metal knob or something.
          Last edited by kramersteen; 03-20-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

That looks seriously awesome.

Could you recess it? That would be INSANELY MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOMESAUCE
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Watching this come together is really encouraging to me too. I have envisioned making some neck-thrus for myself and some friends, and one of the real problems I've had with it is wanting to find pretty cap woods...but being able to do a body wrap of sorts is way more awesome.
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                That looks seriously awesome.

Could you recess it? That would be INSANELY MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOMESAUCE
                Ah glad you guys like it.
                I could but its not the exact shape of a standard strat jack, So if it ever got broken i would have to make another identical one to fit in its place.
                When i get a chance i will make some based off a template so they are all the same.

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                Watching this come together is really encouraging to me too. I have envisioned making some neck-thrus for myself and some friends, and one of the real problems I've had with it is wanting to find pretty cap woods...but being able to do a body wrap of sorts is way more awesome.
                Yeah talk about fun. I would recommend it its super.

I would offer out my help but last time i did that with a forum member they ended up taking all my tips then ignoring my emails.

Comment

I would offer out my help but last time i did that with a forum member they ended up taking all my tips then ignoring my emails.
                  What a Cheep Hussy they must have been!
                  Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                  If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                    Yes ^^

I need to make a bit more room in the cavity but other than that its good.

I will continue the artwork into the sleeve of it, It should be very bogan

I wonder if you can buy the inner sleeves for guitar knobs?. That way i could turn up my own out of the same wood to match. Either that or i could just make a sleeve to go over a metal knob or something.
                    Something like this ?
                    - http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=z...ushings-2.html -

Some control knobs [ Microwave ovens, stoves and old volume knobs on radios ] use a piece of spring steel formed to fit in the centre and lock into a bevelled edge, like on a pot shaft.
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                      Something like this ?
                      - http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=z...ushings-2.html -

Some control knobs [ Microwave ovens, stoves and old volume knobs on radios ] use a piece of spring steel formed to fit in the centre and lock into a bevelled edge, like on a pot shaft.
                      yeah that could work.I guess i could just glue that in.

thanks

Comment

Well i didn't get much work on the guitar done but i did do this carving.

Not bad for a first timer imo.
                        Last edited by kramersteen; 03-23-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

You've got better pics on this site. JCFer. Good job.
                          Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Cool I like that. I have never tried free hand carving. It could be cool to combine the carving along with the laminating some how. Maybe laminate a body first and then do a carving and paint it.
                            Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                            If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
                              Cool I like that. I have never tried free hand carving. It could be cool to combine the carving along with the laminating some how. Maybe laminate a body first and then do a carving and paint it.
                              **** i was thinking something similar. Get something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quilting-...item461a511a12 Laminate it on then carve out the cracks, Spray it all black then wipe the top off with thinners. Then of course the clear coat. That would be fun. Oryou could do a wicked cool turtle shell effect in the same way.
                              Last edited by kramersteen; 03-23-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

carving me likes.

Comment

Working...
                                X