banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xotic EP Booster...MXR Echoplex preamp......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xotic EP Booster...MXR Echoplex preamp......

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    Emerson EM-Drive works like a pre-amp. It adds just the right amount of presence and enhances the whole sound of your rig!!! It's my favorite pedal of all time!!!
    Is it based on the Echoplex preamps Hoss? . Looked on their website- no mention of what the circuit is based on. Is it just their take on a clean boost?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I'd get a EH Soul Food. It'll do the clean boost thing and the Klon thing. And it's only $63. Great pedal - especially for the low cost.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I have a clean boost already. I am particularly looking for a pedal based on the Echoplex pre.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          Is it based on the Echoplex preamps Hoss? . Looked on their website- no mention of what the circuit is based on. Is it just their take on a clean boost?
          It's an original circuit, but it acts very much like one. It's definitely not a drive, like the name suggests. It's an always on pedal that just gives you more feel and a kind of "enhancement" to your overall tone. All the notes suddenly seem to bloom in a very, very cool way.

Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
            Mooer ReEcho

I am not really sure how the brilliant minds at Mooer thought it sounds even remotely like a real Space Echo (re201l) or even the COSM one(Re20). It sounds more like a DD3/5/7.
            I assumed the ReEcho was a DD-3 clone, and the Ana Echo was a DM-2. The "analog" and "tape" settings on the ReEcho are probably just a treble roll-off.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I'm a fan of the AnaEcho, but didnt really care for any of their other delays.

I'm currently torn between the Xotice EP and the MXR. I need to get my hands on an MXR to try.
              Go Packers!

Comment

Jeff, just read about a new tape emulator from Roger Mayer, the 456. Looks like it is right up your street ... not inexpensive, but looks mighty tempting to me...
                Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 03-21-2014, 05:12 AM.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                  I assumed the ReEcho was a DD-3 clone, and the Ana Echo was a DM-2. The "analog" and "tape" settings on the ReEcho are probably just a treble roll-off.
                  Yep, they are. I just do not understand why they would reference the RE series in the name. They should have named it the Double D or something. I am just venting cos its a piss poor tape delay sim

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  Jeff, just read about a new tape emulator from Roger Mayer, the 456. Looks like it is right up your street ... not inexpensive, but looks mighty tempting to me...
                  Will check it out.

To the topic of the boosts, I cannot find any pricing or anyone who sells the Badger pedal. The Tony Krank/ Orbit i svery reasonably priced but it is my understanding TK is not a very upstanding business person. A little leery of ordering off his website. IDK, maybe I shouldn't be.

Comment

I tried the Xotic but ended up with a ClinchFX EP+ Custom. It has the EP circuit always on plus a useable footswitch boost. More useful for my needs. Plus it sounds better imho. I also have a Soul Food, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Comment

Cool!

I am using an Xotic EP, and it is a nice boost. I like it. But I do not have any idea about how it'd relate to the original. BTW mine is working at 18V.

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by LTF
                        Any ideas about the price range?

I, of course, could email the man himself and ask him. Yet, if you already have an idea, that'd be great you know, it'd save time. Especially because (having read the NOS TIS58 JFET transistor info, I have to confess that I think the price could be a bit steep you know) if the price is a bit higher (like 200 and up), I wouldn't go for it.

Best,

B

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                          As a straight preamp? No.

Alternative would be the soon to be released JHS Colour Box.

Echoplex clones that have the preamp saturation include the Catalinbread Belle Epoch and 1776 Multiplex.

Are you just looking for saturation without echo?
                          Then I would wait for the Colour Box...
                          What's that?

B

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                            What's that?

B
                            Neve preamp circuit/channel strip/tone press in a box, less the mic preamp.
                            Coming out from JHS effects ...
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cool!

B

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                                Any ideas about the price range?

I, of course, could email the man himself and ask him. Yet, if you already have an idea, that'd be great you know, it'd save time. Especially because (having read the NOS TIS58 JFET transistor info, I have to confess that I think the price could be a bit steep you know) if the price is a bit higher (like 200 and up), I wouldn't go for it.

Best,

B
                                Anytime I see a "email me for prices" statement from a retailer/sales person, I am immediately turned off. 9 times out of 10 that means "I do not want to scare you off right away with my outrageous pricing"

Comment

Working...
                                X