No announcement yet.

Post your Most Kick-A$$ Harmonics!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your Most Kick-A$$ Harmonics!!!!

always loved Jabs's solo tone! his solo on hit between the eyes is fantastic..adn there's some wicked harmonics in rock you like a hurricaine...even don't beleive her has some great ones in it
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Wow there's some great clips there guys! I love harmonics

Heres a clip of mine where i wrote the lead to a backing track, and most of you might have heard this before and will think "not this crap again" but i never recorded another version past the first draft that this was...but its kinda cool anyway and its got a few harmonics in it!

Its my jackson ps2 with a bridge JB through my POD 2.0 direct into my computer, i think set on brit high gain through a marshall vintage 30 4x12 cab simulation. I think anyway.

Funky wolf blues

It was recorded a year or two ago.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder75
        dude, you get a pretty friggin' thick tone though!

and I just stopped by your sound click page..dude, into the lungs of hell is one of my favorite into/instrumentals ever...LOL....LOVE that song!

is it all direct recorded?
        Thanks. I think the direct-out tone is different from the tone through the cab. I like the direct tone better, a little more squished. I'm going to experiment with no cab emulator sometime.

Yes, it's all direct recorded. Straight outta the Line6 and Line-in into my soundcard (Soundblaster) and using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 3. I can record without levelling the house.

I agree, Into the Lungs of Hell is like a hidden gem. Unfortunately, the original mix (by Megadeth I mean) really is kinda bad... and Dave would probably agree. You can barely hear the lead guitar, and I wish I could hear it all better. I'm curious as to what the remixed version sounds like. To me the song just sort of fits what I envision Omaha Beach must've been like on that fateful day, so that's why I called it "Longest Day." I was intending to put together a bunch of forgotten killer metal tunes with a common thread running through them all sort of referencing WWII in Europe. It was going to be my "concept" album of cover tunes, and I was going to name it "Stolen Weapons" or something like that. But, two kids later, and I'm not shredder enough or have time enough to pull it off. So, it's all "work in progress." "Painkiller" was going to follow "Lungs" because that would fit right in as well. How I would ever pull off the solo to Painkiller I never know.
        Last edited by JammerMatt; 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM.
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by usagi
          I don't know if it was intentional, but I detect a tad of that Vernon Reid (Living Colour) out-of-the-box style.

I dug it, thanks for the contribution. What's your signal chain, and who's DA MAN for you?
          On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
            Wow there's some great clips there guys! I love harmonics

Heres a clip of mine where i wrote the lead to a backing track, and most of you might have heard this before and will think "not this crap again" but i never recorded another version past the first draft that this was...but its kinda cool anyway and its got a few harmonics in it!

It was recorded a year or two ago.
            That sounded funky and sounded great. I hadn't heard it before. Where've you been lately? I don't think I've seen you around in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
              Thanks. I think the direct-out tone is different from the tone through the cab. I like the direct tone better, a little more squished. I'm going to experiment with no cab emulator sometime.

Yes, it's all direct recorded. Straight outta the Line6 and Line-in into my soundcard (Soundblaster) and using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 3. I can record without levelling the house.

I agree, Into the Lungs of Hell is like a hidden gem. Unfortunately, the original mix (by Megadeth I mean) really is kinda bad... and Dave would probably agree. You can barely hear the lead guitar, and I wish I could hear it all better. I'm curious as to what the remixed version sounds like. To me the song just sort of fits what I envision Omaha Beach must've been like on that fateful day, so that's why I called it "Longest Day." I was intending to put together a bunch of forgotten killer metal tunes with a common thread running through them all sort of referencing WWII in Europe. It was going to be my "concept" album of cover tunes, and I was going to name it "Stolen Weapons" or something like that. But, two kids later, and I'm not shredder enough or have time enough to pull it off. So, it's all "work in progress." "Painkiller" was going to follow "Lungs" because that would fit right in as well. How I would ever pull off the solo to Painkiller I never know.

you're definetly right about the DO's...that's one thing alotta vetta users over on the instituteofnoise.com message boards say..and I agree....especiallyw ith the vetta 2 software...but there's this dude over in germany who made a bunch of mods for the thing...they're much improved...they sound alot more than what's comming outta the cab than the factory direct outs...he also made 26 new cabinet emulations...=) direct recording's cool for home stuff, but for live and our demo, I'm sticking with mic'ing the cab up..I'm happier with the results that way..

so far so good so what is a poorly mixed album period..lol...very hollow log sounding...but that song rules..and set the world afire..well, that riff is just mustaine all the way...all those chemicals served him well..lol..

life happens as they say...what can ya do, right? guitar's always been an expensive hobby for me...hell, took me 14 years to get into a full band...even though we're doing covers..who'd a thunk it..lol
              Splawn QR
              Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
              Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
              George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
              My Gear Pix
              My SPLAWN Clips
              My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

That sounded funky and sounded great. I hadn't heard it before. Where've you been lately? I don't think I've seen you around in awhile.
                Thanks man

Ive been around, but have been playing more guitar than posting on forums And working a fair bit and actually trying to get real band projects up and running...it becomes pretty hectic. But i try and check in when i can...still love this place
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Hey Matt I picked up the remixed/mastered version of SFSGSW pretty much due to your version of into the lungs of hell - I've recently been becoming a big fan. I've not got the original mix to compare it to but I think it's not that bad for hearing the leads.

I wish they didn't use synth trumpets and used real trumpets though. Oh yeah.. I missed the overdubbed speech from their version too
                  My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                  How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
                    Hey Matt I picked up the remixed/mastered version of SFSGSW pretty much due to your version of into the lungs of hell -
                    Dude, that is the biggest compliment anyone's ever paid to my playing. I'm serious. *sniff sniff*

Tell me, how do "Set the World Afire" and "502" sound on that remaster? I love those songs, and am considering picking up that CD. All the other CDs sound fine to me, but that CD just sounded like poo IMO.

I agree, a little Winston Churchill could go a long way with that tune. However, Dave didn't consult with me prior to remastering. I'm sure he would've gone for the idea, though. I used them for affect, and to fill in the gaps where I haven't had time to fill in with guitars.

Comment

Dude, that is the biggest compliment anyone's ever paid to my playing. I'm serious. *sniff sniff*

Tell me, how do "Set the World Afire" and "502" sound on that remaster? I love those songs, and am considering picking up that CD. All the other CDs sound fine to me, but that CD just sounded like poo IMO.

I agree, a little Winston Churchill could go a long way with that tune. However, Dave didn't consult with me prior to remastering. I'm sure he would've gone for the idea, though. I used them for affect, and to fill in the gaps where I haven't had time to fill in with guitars.
                      I'll upload those two for you and PM you the link when it's done so you decide for yourself.

I don't think it sounds as good as the other albums I have but it's not awful to the point I can't listen to it. The guitar sounds quite a bit smaller than on countdown for example.
                      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Jammer, thanks for the compliment! Reid is great player. I would say George Lynch and Zakk Wylde were the ones who I find inspiring as far as harmonics. I recorded that on Krystal through digi RP200 (dan donegan1 setting), played one take on stock Ibanez rg 1570. About the Megadeth remasters. I don't think SFSGSW compares to Megadeth's best offering. I never had the album when it was originally released. I always liked "in my darkest hour". 502 is a great song though! And you did an awesome job w/ lung 'o hell
                        "Faster than a laser bullet
                        Louder than an atom bomb"

Comment

Thanks usagi.

Comment

I'll have to see what I can dig up at home of me or either record something new.

Comment

notclean

Pinch while playing surfing with the alien is pretty cooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X