Pedal-based preamp for CLEAN tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal-based preamp for CLEAN tones

the seymour duncan twin tube blue has a really nice clean channel. bright open and chimey

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      the seymour duncan twin tube blue has a really nice clean channel. bright open and chimey
      THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My local music store has both the twin tube Classic and the Blue for $79 and $100 respectively in the used pedal dept. Let me know and I will send you their contact info.

Your call.

Brad

Comment

i have one of each already but thanks. over all i prefer the ttc but i use fender amps so my clean tones are just fine as they are.

Comment

But his question was about preamps, ain't that kind of pedal gonna sound different than expected when used like a preamp (into power amp, FX return) ? It is my understanding the the goal of using preamps is to plug them into power amps and make your rig more portable. That way if you pick the right preamp you can get lots of clean headroom on high volume which is also the reason why I started reading about using preamps + power amps.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            But his question was about preamps, ain't that kind of pedal gonna sound different than expected when used like a preamp (into power amp, FX return) ? It is my understanding the the goal of using preamps is to plug them into power amps and make your rig more portable. That way if you pick the right preamp you can get lots of clean headroom on high volume which is also the reason why I started reading about using preamps + power amps.
            Yep, you are right, he sure did.... and then he mentions the AMT series and that's a lot of buck for the bang.
            You can pick up one of the old SD Twin tube Classics or Blues that do exactly what he wants for a lot less and they use tubes too! When set up, they delivery very clean tones and then have a second channel for the grind. So you tell me.... where did we go wrong??? OH, they are pre-amps, in every sense of the word, with the gain component built in for the 1st or 2nd channel he is looking for. The AMT's will give a lot more control, but bang for the buck and what he wants to do..... I know where I would spend my money..... but alas we can only offer words of encouragement and direction. Each must take his own path to enlightenment.
            Last edited by briggleman; 09-02-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

i have one of each already but thanks. over all i prefer the ttc but i use fender amps so my clean tones are just fine as they are.
              Hey Jeremy, I was really offering the info to the OP. However, I do have this beach front property in Florida... a few small lizards (only 8 to 10 feet long) think they own the place but other than that, and the unstable ground... its good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
                So you tell me.... where did we go wrong???
                I did not say you were wrong, that is why I formulated a question
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

i have always wanted to kill a gator myself and have it made into a strap and boots...

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                    I did not say you were wrong, that is why I formulated a question
                    Sorry, did not mean it the way it was written..... the problem with the typed word! I was just trying to convey the OP lead us down that road with his examples. Your analysis was correct in terms of a preamps use.

Anyway, what I am trying to say .... I did not mean to insinuate you were saying anything wrong, I was just following the herd.

Comment

I'll check that out - thanks!
                      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
                        THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My local music store has both the twin tube Classic and the Blue for $79 and $100 respectively in the used pedal dept. Let me know and I will send you their contact info.

Your call.

Brad
                        Thanks Brad! I will check out audio samples of each online, and if one grabs me, I'll let you know!
                        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                        X