banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

james reyne too! cool.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      james reyne too! cool.
      Yep, that was during the Time of My Life tour last year, backing Daryl Braithwaite, James Reyne, Joe Camilleri and Ross Wilson. It was a great tour, sold out all around the country, and a rockin' band with Brett Kingman (aka Burgerman) also on guitar.

Cheers................................ wahwah
      Highway Star
      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
      Mistreated
      Cause We Ended As Lovers
      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

I have a pedal. It's only small but it's pretty sophisticated. I can step on it to make the noise and then step on it again to make the noise stop. I put a battery in it to make it go. It has some knobs ... three, i think. I'm not really sure what they do, but i twiddle them sometimes. It sort of changes the noise a bit. Sometimes when i move around on the stage, the pedal follows me. Sometimes it falls over.

But i can see that to keep up with all you guys, I'm going to have to screw my pedal onto the centre of an 8 foot x 4 foot plywood board. I'll paint half the board black and leave the other half raw wood. I think that should denote i'm semi-pro, or possibly a pro who's slumming it. But then again, people could think i'm an amateur whose trying to give the impression of being semi-pro or a pro who's slumming it.

Fukkit, I'll paint it red. That should avoid any confusion.

They never told me music would be so difficult when i was at the conservatorium.
        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

I just realised that my previous post might be a bit sparse on details, given the techincal nature of this forum. I'll try to fill in some of the gaps for you.

I went to a big music store in the city, and after spending a couple of hours in the drum section, someone pointed me towards the guitar section. After i'd told the chap at the counter the best way to clear up his acne, he asked me what I wanted, and I told him i'd been feeling some pressure to buy a guitar pedal. He asked me what type of pedal i wanted, so i asked him to show me the range of colours available. Some of the red ones were really lovely.

But i noticed that they all had different amounts of knobs, even the ones that were the same colour. Some had only one knob, some had two or three, and some had lots. Some even had little screens, but i figured i could just take my tv with me because it's screen is much bigger. I decided to get one with more than one knob, because otherwise later i might have to get another pedal if i needed another knob. But i didn't want too many knobs, because it could get confusing. So i figured two or three knobs would be okay, i could learn just one to start with, and then later i could learn another one if i got that advanced.

The music shop person asked if i wanted to hear the pedal, but i said "no thank you". I wanted a quiet one that didn't interfere with my sound. Then he asked me if i wanted a power supply, but i said no to that because my amp plugs straight into the wall. Then he said something about power for the pedal, so i told him i'd plug that straight into the wall too. So then he told me i'd need a battery, and he showed me a very clever secret compartment on the pedal where the battery goes. (later, at home, i had trouble getting the battery in there because of the cardboard and plastic parts of the battery, and i didn't want to break it). Eventually i got it in there, although the cardboard part got a bit bent up.

I learnt a lot that day. I don't think i'll go to a music store again though because it's just too confusing.
          Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

This is the board I use for studio work and my own instrumental material. If you haven't checked out Temple Audio boards before, they're worth a look.

Also, yes I'm an unapologetic Strymon fanboi.

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

FretFire, I've been drooling over Strymon stuff for entirely too long... are they worth the scratch?
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
              Originally posted by Securb
              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                FretFire, I've been drooling over Strymon stuff for entirely too long... are they worth the scratch?
                For me they are, definitely. They give me a ton of options & flexibility in the studio and sound great to my ears. The MIDI controller makes everything easy to use live - I can hit one button to change presets across all 3 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                  Here's the current layout although I'm thinking of taking off the wah and using it separately and adding my Soulbender and FL9
                  what is that 3 knob silver one at the top? Looks interesting

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                    If you're talking about the one next to the El Capistan, it's a Klon Centaur.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                      If you're talking about the one next to the El Capistan, it's a Klon Centaur.
                      It looks like a clone for sure, but it's not an actual Klon.

Comment

My board hasn't changed in a while (just checked and it's three months to the day) as I've been allocating my funds towards other guitar related desires, noticeably a deposit on a custom guitar. However, I did order a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe yesterday. It's been on my list ever since they added the awesome switchable fuzz buffer about two years ago. I've used it with my board before and I was always impressed in ways that my RMC-3 could never touch.

Aside from that, I will be picking up a DMC-3 later this month to go under the Timmy and either a Supernatural or BlueSky for the top left spot. This board is awesome without them but it will be even more awesome with them.

Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                          Originally posted by FretFire View Post
                          It looks like a clone for sure, but it's not an actual Klon.
                          Correct, it's a JuanSolo Klone. Now I don't know how close it sounds to an original although the builder says it's very very close but regardless it's an awesome pedal that I much prefer to the PoT as great as that is too!

Comment

This is my dedicated Marshall Booster Board. Its for use with my '78 JMP 2204. I hate to post it up yet, as its still missing a big RAT , but I couldn't resist;

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	5776826
                            Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-04-2014, 04:12 PM.
                            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

This is a controlled mess. It is tough gigging with the PT-Pro and keeping it neat.

This is a bit more controlled.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396736504668.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5776841

I really like the memory man with hazarai

Comment

Working...
                                X