banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
    Looks kind of pedal breadboard...
    Yep, though that shot's from a few years ago and I'm not using the wah in that setup anymore because it's the only pedal that isn't a true bypass design. The breadboard did do a good job of keeping the pedals from sliding around or angling into the rug when stepped on. In case anyone was wondering, they are a Keeley two knob compressor into the Ibanez Weeping Demon into a Keeley modded Metalzone with a Keeley Katanna boost at the end.

Comment

It's the same road case I've been using for 25 years, but the guts are all new. I've abandoned my old system of mounting pedals to an aluminum deck and wiring them internally with no patch cords. It got to be too much hassle, and running 8 or 9 pedals on a single non-isolated supply was causing noise problems, despite the heavy-duty common ground plane.

Now, I'm just using patch cords and a Pedal Power 2+, like everybody else. Unlike everybody else, I have completely avoided booteek pedals and Velcro. The pedals are mounted with screws; I replaced two diagonal back plate screws on each pedal with longer ones that go through the deck.

The bottom row are the "me" pedals that have defined my sound since the mid-'80s. The top row are the extra sounds that I like to use sometimes. I'm not sure what to put in that last remaining space: EP-style booster? DIY Triangle Muff? Modded DS-1? DD-7? Or buy a couple of Mooers and sneak two pedals in there: a Rat clone and a second delay?
      Last edited by Rich_S; 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

So far I've found those Mooer pedals to be surprisingly good, and particularly good value.
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Just got the nova delay today. Need 1 or 2 more pedals.

ESP fanboy!
          www.twitter.com/bouVIP
          https://soundcloud.com/bouvip

Comment

Nice board! Also, nice stand, I have the same model and it's one of the best guitar related purchases I've made in a long time.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

So, just how does one go about uploading sound files?

Comment

Most people use Soundcloud - it's basically the photobucket of sound clips.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I gotta find my old photo of my pedal board. It's got 5 pedals: a 535Q, an MXR CB78, a EH Small Clone, an MXR 10 Band, and an MXR Smart Gate. Soon i'll be hooking p my POD HD500 to my amp and using that for all my effects.
                  Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                  Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                  Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                  Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                  Line 6 Helix
                  Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    Most people use Soundcloud - it's basically the photobucket of sound clips.
                    And don't forget to join the SDUGF group once you have your account. Feel free to add as many tunes to the group as you wish to.
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Loving this setup.. did add a Joyo British to the end though to run into my Fender solid state M-80 as a preamp. My favorite pedal on there right now is the Triple Wreck by Wampler... It does light breakup to crunchy distortion and with the boost footswitch engaged it turns it into a Bassy fat fuzzy speaker exploding monster!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n2svt2TWYb1ra4drso2_1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	5777132
                      Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Comment

mostly just this:

i found that i could get just as much expressive range with this setup than i could with my carefully selected multiple pedal board setup, so i got rid of all the extraneous stuff. Every now and again i will use a big muff as well for extra grunt, but that depends on the gig. The pedal in the pic is an overdrive that i built based on all the things i liked/did not like about the various pedals out there that i have used over the years. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but its the best tool for the job i need to do.
                          In the recording studio, i don't need any overdrive pedals because i can crank the amp.
                          Last edited by Chickenwings; 04-22-2014, 05:08 PM.
                          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Here are mine. I have three boards I use with different guitars and amps, or for different moods. First a PT Nano, which gets used most often with a Soloist with a single Screamin' Demon pup and a Deluxe Reverb RI:

Next, a PT Mini, used mainly with a traditional Tele type guitar and the same Deluxe Reverb:

And finally, a PT-1 that's my stereo rig. It gets used with an S type guitar into a matched pair of modded Silverface Champs:

A fourth guitar, a 72 Thinline with humbuckers, is used with all of the boards about equally.

Comment

My current board, just rewired.

My Soundclick

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	5777404

I use the board with the Octave Down pedal for a bunch of different sounds. Keep trying to top the Crunch Box and Blues Pro pedals, but the MI pedals always seem to sound the best for my needs.

Glow in the dark tape on the Boss pedals to help me remember settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X