banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post

Just redid the board. Now for the verbose post-game highlights:

A/B box plus buffer: Stuffed into an old Mesa channel switch box. LED's for the A/B come out the box on a 45 degree angle so I always know which cable is active.
    Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah: Modified with a hacksaw. I did NOT need that silly extension for the on/off switch.
    Dual loop box: One loops the entire remainder of the board, the other loops an analog octave pedal (hidden underneath the board) and the old Boss Dynamic Filter and is powered by an EMG boost circuit. This way, the octave pedal gets a strong signal so it tracks better.
    Double Back Compressor
    Wampler Clarksdale (new to me):Seriously awesome TS-based circuit plus 3-band EQ. The EQ points are all TOTALLY usable. The treble is treble, mids are mids, bass is bass. Totally intuitive. The finest TS+3-band EQ I've ever played.
    4 loop box:
    Loop 1: MIJ Boss Super Overdrive
    Loop 2: Pigtronix Aria Disnortion
    Loop 3: TWA FB02/SC02 Overdrive: Another TS-based circuit, E.W.S. Little Brute Drive: Another crunch circuit.
    Loop 4: Ibanez Fat Cat:A Rat clone/variant, Modified Ibanez LA Metal This pedal is said to be close to the Fat Cat, built on the same PCB, but quite different. I didn't mod it to be more like the Fat Cat, rather a ripping, chaotic drive, perfect for stuff like The Kinks and My Sharona.
    Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (new to me): Crunch, brown, lots of hot gain on tap
    Wampler Thirty Something (new to me): Insanely awesome sounding Vox in a box
    Twin Tube Blue
    Loop toggle box: Toggles between two loops. One is a pass through when nothing is plugged in, the other will get an old Ibanez Stereo Chorus in that empty space to the right, set for Leslie stuff using the inverted output. Point is, with that other loop I can go to an amp if I want and have the Deja Vu in the FX loop of the amp. I can send and return from the pedalboard between gain and time based effects, or just to hot swap any other pedals I feel like on any given day, which is what the empty spot is for.
    Deja Vu + DOD Volume (and wah) in the wet loop

Most of the board is wired with Lava Cable Mini Ultramafic wire, though lots of it soldered to pancake plugs, as well as the Lava right angle soldered and straight solderless connectors, whatever fit the layout. Sounds great, just played it this weekend and got some compliments on the new tones.
    Dude, I don't know how you keep track. That is a dense board. But I get the idea of loops/paths. I'm feeling that need myself. Thanks for the post.

Can you really get to the footswitches for the loops deep in there? I would be concerned about screwing my settings by accidentally hitting some knobs. I'm surprised you don't have your loop selections on the bottom row. No issues?
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 10-21-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
      Mine ended up looking like this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58219[/ATTACH]
      What's the black 3-knob box next to the mini-fuzzface?

Comment

This Click image for larger version

Name:	dave's rig 0.09.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	5781356

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          What's the black 3-knob box next to the mini-fuzzface?
          It's my Noel Cornet - a kind of big-muff-a-like fuzz box from Japan - I actually thought I'd never see it, as ordering was done via Facebook/email and then shipped from Tokyo to Riyadh. It took months, the guy building them (Sho Iwata) has very poor English skills, and wasn't quick to respond. But it got here, and as far as I can tell, no one has ever complained about being ripped off. They also get sold through (I think) Ishibashi Music in Shibuya, Tokyo - ask for Jason, an Aussie guy who runs the place - actually, check out their YouTube site, they get some great visitors in there.

Oh, and check out Brett Kingman's video demo of the Cornet too - then try and stop yourself Jonesing for one...
          Last edited by Chris of Arabia; 10-22-2014, 09:50 AM. Reason: typo
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Whoops - Now I need a number of patch cables….

(Actually, it’s just one of my boards)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stratman; 11-21-2014, 09:36 PM.
            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Was that a demo board for a manufacturer or did you build/have it built?
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Was that a demo board for a manufacturer or did you build/have it built?
                I think he bought a job lot from here...
                Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Current board.....Click image for larger version

Name:	20140621_210758_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	5781360

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman View Post
                    Whoops - Now I need a number of patch cables….

(Actually, it’s just one of my boards)
                    Here is another one from the bar, that is in use!

And then another one I am working one…
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Stratman; 11-21-2014, 09:44 PM.
                    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

• Re: Time for another Show Your Pedal Board thread!

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      Dude, I don't know how you keep track. That is a dense board. But I get the idea of loops/paths. I'm feeling that need myself. Thanks for the post.

Can you really get to the footswitches for the loops deep in there? I would be concerned about screwing my settings by accidentally hitting some knobs. I'm surprised you don't have your loop selections on the bottom row. No issues?
                      I just moved them from the bottom row. Yeah no issues at all. I just step up and over. They're close together also, which makes you have to use your toes anyway. I also removed the nuts from underneath the 4 loop footswitches, using only the lock washer underneath. So the switch sits up higher off the chassis, which you can't tell from the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
                        I just moved them from the bottom row. Yeah no issues at all. I just step up and over. They're close together also, which makes you have to use your toes anyway. I also removed the nuts from underneath the 4 loop footswitches, using only the lock washer underneath. So the switch sits up higher off the chassis, which you can't tell from the photo.
                        Frank, you've got 3 pedals I'm interested in... What are your impressions of the Pinnacle, Little Brute and Thirty Something?

Can the Pinnacle be dialed back to a mid gain (true) plexi tone or is it pretty hot even with the gain down? For the Little Brute, does it function as both a boost and a drive?
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Thirty Something is phenomenal at doing the Vox thing. I've played Edge style delay stuff with it, and anything else where you want the pick attack to be really up front. It's a pretty clean pedal unless/until you hit it with the boost button. For that reason it also takes overdrive pedals well in front of it.

The Pinnacle wants to be dirty. It's hard to dial it back. Even with the gain at zero it's still got some hair on it. So it's not that it can't make a mid-gain Plexi tone, it's just that it's also a little bright for that since I think it's voiced to sound like a "modded" Plexi as you crank it up.

The Lil Brute Drive can be a boost and/or drive. You would have to open it up and adjust the level trim pot so you got a nice boost even if the gain was set low. I run the gain about half or nearly half. There's also a tone control trimmer inside which really smooths out the fizz but I leave that high too. (for this pedal's purpose on my board)

Comment

This is it right now. Just using the Fuzz Factory to get some trippy noise on my latest recording.... usually have a Hoof there.

Comment

That's a rad board, butttttt.....

You need a DMC-3.
                              Custom neck-thru strat
                              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                              1995 PRS CE24
                              D'avanzo #8
                              Breedlove Solo Concert
                              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Here's what I'm trying
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X