10 things you didn't know about the Klon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 things you didn't know about the Klon

You don't play with the klon...you play among the klon.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
      Thanks. I couldn't google it myself cause I'm trying to maintain a certain image for my search history. Couldn't have guitar nonsense mixed in with my funny kitten videos now could I?

So it's dat germanium, germanium will make everything better.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
        I'm actually curious what die harm Tube Screamer users think of the Klon tone, like does it replace the TS on their board, do they use them side by side, etc.
        They are so unlike each other that I can't imagine ever having the dilemma which one to use.

Comment

I like it (built a few for myself and other people). It's a good pedal/design but FOR ME, it's not the holygrail... the SHO slays it for what i like my pedals to do. I understand why folks like it but not why it's that mythical...I blame the internet for that aspect.

And TGWIF: I at least snickered...

Comment

It doesn't sound like a TS, no, but they both fatten up the guitar a lot, unlike flat EQ boosts that tend to be more genuinely transparent. I'd say they were competitors.

Comment

18 volts.
              Run a Fender amp at full master with an oversized set of trannies for clear, well defined and beautiful cleans and creams.
              Flip the Orange to max wattage for a thick, tasty, well defined sound.
              Run a 9 volt design with solid, measured components and a charge pump and you get a warm but transparent tone through a solid state analog of an "amp" tone stack and gain stage.

I'd like to see what other dirt pedal topologies sound like with a charge pump or 18v straight in. All of a sudden, transparent DS1s and Fuzzes....

Surgeon, you should slap together a SHO or an ELectra Distortion with 1/2w components and a charge pump. I bet it'll be sweet.
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

A Tubescreamer makes it sound greasier and lo-fi. A Klone makes it sound bigger and hi-fi.

Comment

I ordered a Klon clone recently just because I'm always looking for something different and, if I get lucky, something I'll like better than what I already use. If it doesn't make the grade it can go play in the closet with the other 20 losers who are waiting for my tastes or needs to change.

Also, I could wear it around my neck on a gold chain as a conversation starter and chick magnet.

I suspect that my fascination with (addiction to) pedals would remain even if I had a room full of killer amps.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Is that an Antigua Tele in your avatar photo?

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                      Is that an Antigua Tele in your avatar photo?
                      That was a Hwy I Tele that I bought new and highly modified. I had just paid for a pro setup eight days before it was stolen early this year. It played like a dream and sounded great in all four switch position. When I build its replacement I will use a true P-90 in the neck instead of the Phat Cat. The Phat Cat looks great and sounded great but was still a bit too dark in the neck position ... even with an A5/A2 combination and slightly underwound.
                      Last edited by Lazarus1140; 04-11-2014, 07:56 PM.
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                        You can heal and cure skin ailments by waving a Klon over the affected area and speaking in tongues.

Every time you turn on a Klon, a unicorn is born.

No one really owns a Klon. We're all just, like, borrowing them, man.
                        Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Comment

Is this like half if an ice cream bar

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

My approach to the Klon circuit is quite different: i am a chosen Les paul guy or better said humbucker player. If i am in the mood trying my MIJ Fender strat all my usefull settings on the amp are crap. I have to fiddle with all knobs to get a decent sound out the single coil pups. After a some years of pita i bought a Klon clone (after trying a dozen other stomp boxes lent from friends) and now i am happy camper. Just using the humbucker settings on the amp with the Klon engaged and the Fender shines.
                            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              I should have known that this forum wasn't at a point where we could just laugh at a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	10155558_10152096750017734_5230671992531487889_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	5777021
                              Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                              "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

What would you do-ooo-oo, for a Klon Dyke bar?
                                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X