banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to coil split 2 humbuckers at the same time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to coil split 2 humbuckers at the same time ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	split 2 hb at same time.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	5832808

i have 2 humbuckers, 1 vol pot, 1 tone pot (push-pull), and 5-way import switch. as you can see in my pic. so, my questions :

1. what i wanna achieve is : coil-split 2 humbuckers at the same time, and make tone pot push-pull as switch. is my wiring there correct ?

2. i wanna control tone of ALL pickups with just 1 tone knob. then i made such wiring at 'section A' in pic. is it correct already ?

3. have i wired the tone cap at the correct lug ? a bit confused here, since i had seen many version of cap wiring.

please help me to figure it out. great thanks

Re: how to coil split 2 humbuckers at the same time ?

Looks like it could be simpler-

(Only need to use "half" of the terminals on the 5 way)

You can also easily make the "2 & 4" positions auto split through the 5 way switch

Comment

The diagram you have is correct, however usually the red/white get soldered to the middle switch lugs and the ground to an outer. Although I don't think it really makes a difference, maybe you might some interference with a grounded selection being 'active' when the series mode is selected.

Comment

The right-hand side, (section "A"), is worthless. The orange and yellow wires will be connected to each other in all positions. Just solder the yellow wire to the same lug on the volume pot where the orange wire is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          The right-hand side, (section "A"), is worthless. The orange and yellow wires will be connected to each other in all positions. Just solder the yellow wire to the same lug on the volume pot where the orange wire is.
          ^^
          Exactly this!.
          My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
          My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Working...
          X