Worlds Easiest Playing Basses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worlds Easiest Playing Basses?

Hmm, the easiest playing Bass I've ever tried was a USA Stuart Spector bass. Fender and Gibson makes some nice basses too.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      Fender and Gibson makes some nice basses too.

I hope so by now; they've been making basses for over half a century.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I love Gibson Les Paul basses myself. I do not currently own one but if I had the need for a new bass right now it just might be a Gibby LP bass. Most of my playing is on guitar these days.
        Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
          I love Gibson Les Paul basses myself. I do not currently own one but if I had the need for a new bass right now it just might be a Gibby LP bass.
          Not regarded as the high point of their bass program. SG basses would have fared much better against Fenders if they were 34" scale and had a middle PU instead of that absurd huge HB in the neck slot; god only knows what they were thinking, and why they haven't corrected that over the decades. Gibson's triumph in basses, and the only one that can stand up to Fender, is Thunderbirds. They did that one right.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
            Not regarded as the high point of their bass program. SG basses would have fared much better against Fenders if they were 34" scale and had a middle PU instead of that absurd huge HB in the neck slot; god only knows what they were thinking, and why they haven't corrected that over the decades. Gibson's triumph in basses, and the only one that can stand up to Fender, is Thunderbirds. They did that one right.
            Oh I know for sure. However, the LP basses are very smooth and easy to get used to. I have a great "Fender" bass in my Warmoth. The LP basses have a cool about them that no Fender can touch.

The Thunderbird is great and their SG basses are badass but for me, I love their LP basses. Very smooth, cool and believe it or not they sound very good. If I could have a custom LP bass built though I would go with a single pickup in the bridge position. That pickup would be a Music Man style run through a pre-amp to be an active bass. Now that would be my one-stop shopping trip for a bass.
            Soundcloud

Comment

My old Ibanez Soundgear 5 string is still the easiest to play for me. Bit neck heavy though.

Comment

I currently own two of these basses, and yes, they are the easiest bass I've ever played! Trust me I've played them all!! Here is a link to my next Artisan Bass

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2015/04...y-bass-series/
                Last edited by Miles Dziak; 04-25-2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miles Dziak View Post
                  I currently own two of these basses, and yes, they are the easiest bass I've ever played! Trust me I've played them all!! Here is a link to my next Artisan Bass

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2015/04...y-bass-series/
                  This really doesn't say anything to me. I've played a lot of basses in my life too, gigs, tours, recording, etc. I've done it all. Any well set-up and taken care of bass will be easy to play. This Artisan sales pitch is getting old. If their marketing goal is to tell the world their basses are the easiest playing basses in the world then they need to hire a new marketing department.
                  Soundcloud

Comment

This reminds of when aluminum bats were introduced in high school baseball: Easiest bats with which to hit it over the fence, or the various gimmicks with golfs clubs that have come up from time to time (none of which are accepted at the professional level).

Sorry, I remain unimpressed and would never even remotely consider one of these.

Not sure why Artisan thinks playing bass is supposed to be easy. I started out playing violin, which is a real b*tch in terms of how you are supposed to hold it under your chin (you don't actually support it with your fingering hand) and the way you're supposed to grip the bow. Both are very difficult and were part of the reason I switched to string bass. I'm sure Artisan could come up with some sort of attachment for a violin that leans on the violinist's collarbone: That would be marketed as "the world's easiest violin to play." Would it be authentic? No, IMO. And neither are these.

Cheap gimmick, IMO--I don't care how much $ they spent on ergonomics R&D or how many shills they manage to get to praise it on this forum. These are the aluminum bats of the bass world.
                    Last edited by dg27; 04-25-2015, 08:08 AM. Reason: typo
                    '69 Fender Mustang bass
                    '69 Gibson EB-1
                    '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
                    '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
                    '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
                    '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
                    '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
                    '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

I understand and appreciate your comment. I was just offering input from my experiences. It is no gimmick, if you get a chance to try one, you'll understand. I'm no shill, let's not resort to name calling, we are, I believe musician adults here!

Comment

We are always suspicious of new accounts chiming in with sales pitch-like posts around here. Stick around, contribute throughout the forum and prove our suspicions wrong. We would be happy to have more contributing members around here!
                        Soundcloud

Comment

Understood! Need to maintain the integrity of the input. I've signed up in April, I'll be back! Thanks and keep making music!!

Comment

I'm no shill, let's not resort to name calling
                            If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what: It's a duck.

"Shill" isn't intended as a slur. You have four posts here, all of which are shilling for this ill-conceived gimmick. I don't believe for a second that you came here for a wiring diagram, as you stated in your first post.

we are, I believe musician adults here!
                            I've been a member for 11 years: I never make that assumption.
                            '69 Fender Mustang bass
                            '69 Gibson EB-1
                            '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
                            '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz

Comment

I'd have to guess my four post didn't sell any instruments, nor convert any players, so it's all good! I still have my first Fender P bass if that helps! Too much coffee today? Have a great day!

Comment

I'd have to guess my four post didn't sell any instruments, nor convert any players, so it's all good!
                                For Artisan it certainly isn't "all good." If anything you've done further damage to an already suspect marketing scheme.
                                '69 Fender Mustang bass
                                '69 Gibson EB-1

Comment

Working...
                                X