banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

A Metal Body General Lee
    Attached Files
    Heavy Duty

Comment

zombiewolf, you got a thing for yellow? Nice axes though, they really catch the eye!
      Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Originally posted by TIGEREYELASER View Post
        zombiewolf, you got a thing for yellow? Nice axes though, they really catch the eye!

Thanks, yup, into the amber flame maple, kind of a fetish I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcaster View Post
          A Metal Body General Lee

That is sweet..heavy duty, heavy duty rock n roll!

Comment

This was just finished–my new favorite guitar! African Mahogany body and neck with Indian Rosewood Fretboard. Gotoh hardware and Gibson ceramic pickups.

Comment

bad arse!

Comment

Thanks! It actually has more of a reddish tent–some of the angles/lighting show it while others look more plain brown...the guitar plays and sounds awesome! I highly recommend Warmoth necks!

Comment

Update on the Black 'n' Blue 'Caster!!! (I've been up since 3:30 this morning, apparently I only needed 6 hours of sleep after passing out at 9:30. Back to the guitar.) My bus trip to Lowe's was today and I bought 4 things, My dowels, Titebond II wood glue, an Irwin dovetail detail saw and a pkg of 8 nickel plated #8 1.25" oval head Phillips metal screws (dominus was correct, all the wood screws were unsuitable for this purpose). Today I came home, cut the plugs, glued them and called it a day. 3 hours of shopping and riding on a bus for 5 minutes worth of work. here's some pics so as not to disappoint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	5780139

And the result of todays jaunt:

Name:	DSCF1127.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	5780140
                  Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Originally posted by zombiewolf View Post
                    Thanks, yup, into the amber flame maple, kind of a fetish I guess..
                    I just noticed one of them looks like a Xaviere. Is that the Lemon Drop finish?

Comment

Yes, XV 599 Lemon drop...nice guitar for cheap $$.

Comment

Hey Izzo!

Comment

Just a little checkup. Right now I´m only waiting for the bridge pu and the third DPDT switch (local music store only had two in stock and I couldn´t find them anywhere else). After that little more fire, sanding, finishing and laqcuering.

It plays sweeeetly acoustically. Looking forward to hearing it plugged into an amp.
                          Jackson JS30
                          Squier Strat ´99
                          Project-Ibanez - something?
                          Ex-Pinecaster - bad choice of wood, man

Comment

Well, I've been working on my Melody Maker for a while.. it's finally nearing the finish line.. Took off the paint job the last owner applied, used Tru-Oil on the mahogany with a Minimax Jacobean stain applied over top of the Tru-Oil in the hopes it would tint but not absorb and ruin the grain.. Installed Steinberger Gearless Tuners yesterday, and put the bridge bushings back into the body, unfortunately the bridge I purchased wont work so I am using the old bridge for the time being so I can gauge where to route for the P-Rail pickup I plan to install... This is my focus so far..

So:
                            Pic1: as it came to me,
                            Pic2: stripped of paint but still strung
                            Pic3: Applying a stain after applying some Tru-Oil
                            Pic4: Tuners Installed
                            Pic5: A picture of the current pickup cavity and the template I made for routing for the P-Rail

Name:	00l0l_2pZZZwxma15_600x450.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	5780186Click image for larger version

Name:	135.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	5780187Click image for larger version

Name:	S0737128.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	5780188Click image for larger version

Name:	S0028065.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	5780189Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG931.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	5780190
                            Last edited by Gardener; 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                              Hey Izzo!

LOL, I've been too busy to dig it all out. You're gonna laugh when I do post it though. It's gonna make daan's thread look like he's got his **** together.

ADD is a *****.

Comment

I checked with my local music shop and drilling 4 holes in the neck is going to be between $20-$35. I'd rather someone who knows what they're doing handle it because if I screw it up I'm out $70 bucks. If he screws it up there's at least some negotiating room like, you messed it up, you owe me a neck. Soon I will be using my new dovetail saw to saw the excess dowel off my guitar neck and I will get to see how I did at plugging the holes. I'm going to mask off the heel to prevent scratches as I'm a little neurotic about it but will post pictures later.

As promised, pics... I still managed to nick some of the finish off, ARGH!!!

From a distance:

Name:	DSCF1130.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	5780196

ps- the black dots are the markers where to drill the new holes...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by TIGEREYELASER; 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM. Reason: Added pikchurs...

Comment

Working...
                                X