Carvin V3 vs Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvin V3 vs Legacy

may want to try Reverb. CL's pretty horrible for me too, but I keep looking because there's always gems to find.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Yeah I just signed up with Reverb and I like it. Took me a few days to sell my Boogie when eBay and CL didn't come through.

FWIW any pics of the amp in question? How much you asking for it?

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
        I'm looking to ditch my Mesa Rectoverb in favor of either a Carvin V3 (not V3m) or Legacy (series I or III). Has anyone owned both that can give me a comparison? I've only played a Legacy series I before.
        I've got the Legacy 3. The cleans are gorgeous and deep with a reverb sounding from inside the note - I'd say warmer than a Lonestar. The 2 gain channels are superb too, ignore the "dark" reviews and think more of an "elastic depth" with loads of gain on tap that cleans up wonderfully if your volume knob is well designed. The presence controls for each channel are the best I've ever used and make a mockery of the "dark" accusations

I've also had Legacy 1 (too heavy and too loud to find a decent gain), XV was nice but not a touch on the Legacy 3. Also had Boogies, Laneys, Vox etc.

Comment

I owned two of the new designed V3 and it was a Okay amp just didn't have any bottom end to it. Of course I was use to a peavey 5150. It will take you a week to get the V3 dialed in. A lot of knobs and midi settings. Just didn't have the bass response that I wanted. I changed output tubes and preamp tubes and 6ca7 sounded the best but the 6l6gc had the best bottom end. Its just all in the taste. Never played a new Legacy, bit I did a older legacy and didn't like it but I think it needed tubes. It was real dull and muddy.

Comment

Working...
          X