No announcement yet.

What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

I have been using a either TS808 or a Zakk Wylde MXR overdrive as a clean boost for a long time. I'm in the middle of looking for something new to replace them, and I figured I'd ask you guys what your favorites are to get some ideas. I was considering joining the Klone army and picking up a Soul Food, but what else should I look at?
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Re: What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

Two I like:
    Keeley Katana Boost (nice boost and buffer for long runs, just makes everything sound "better")
    Analogman King of Tone (setup to push my amp just over the edge, cleans up with volume knob. Second side setup for more saturation)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Boss chorus....I play acoustic these days and the chorus gives me a taste of twelve string.

Hey, it's just my voice and guitar so I'm looking for any edge.

Comment

JColoccia Horus, Greer Swwetback Driver or z.vex SHO for me.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

well the decimator g string is ALWAYS on, and it is my fav

but that is boringz

I love my keeley rat pedal and/or black arts pharaoh, I cannot play without at least one of them on

Comment

I have an Analog Man modded TS-9 that I use on my amp's clean channel as a boost and to cut through the mix a bit, adding a little crispness (right now I turn the drive down almost all the way) - but plan to pick up a King of Tone to use as a two channel, stackable booster for more versatility.

sigpic

Comment

I tend to always have my Keeley compressor running at the beginning of my effects set up.

Comment

My special sauce secret recipe home built overdrive (im making a third one for a friend this week).
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

TC Electronics Line driver plus distortion the old one not the new reissue
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

Mine are the digitech rp12 and the digitech rp 360 sometimes the zoom 606 pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by VVladislav; 06-13-2014, 05:51 AM. Reason: forgot one
                    Ibanez RG-120 Gloss Black
                    Jackson JS22-Dinky DKA Satin Black

www.YouTube.com/VVladislavBand
                    www.YouTube.com/VladsFortress

Comment

Boss EQ 20 and xotic SP compressor , might add the Boss TU 3 Tuner/power supply.
                      Originally posted by Oinkus
                      I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Three candidates (not exclusive):
                        Xotic EP Booster
                        Mesa Boogie Tone Burster
                        Decibel+

I'm nowadays working with Decibel+ and Mesa Boogie Tone Burster. Best clean ever (together with strymon El Capistan).
                        My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
                        My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

POD HD500
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico View Post
                            Three candidates (not exclusive):
                            Xotic EP Booster
                            Mesa Boogie Tone Burster
                            Decibel+

I'm nowadays working with Decibel+ and Mesa Boogie Tone Burster. Best clean ever (together with strymon El Capistan).
                            +1 for the EP - been using it for about 6 months now and loving it! Moved it to the top row of my board because it's always on! Not only is it a great boost, but it makes everything sound just a little bit fuller across the frequency range.

Comment

My favorite will be a madbean fatpants, which is a boost based on the EP preamp. I say will be because the charge pump I'm using is only putting out 10v whereas I need at least 18. Even at 10 it sounds great though.

I have a GGG Bluesbreaker copy that I've modified to partial Analogman PoT specs (only have the OD side, and there's one cap that I left stock MBB specs) and I have that one on pretty much all the time (gain set low) - the way it works with an amp is magical. It's like a color box for my 1974x.

So, one of those two.
                              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                              I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X