No announcement yet.

What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite "always on" pedal?

New non-smartass answer. Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT mod. It really pushes the dirty channel over the top and adds just a bit of boost to make the cleans a little more lively. For some reason, I always forget to push the pedal on, but it really does an excellent job.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
      New non-smartass answer. Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT mod. It really pushes the dirty channel over the top and adds just a bit of boost to make the cleans a little more lively. For some reason, I always forget to push the pedal on, but it really does an excellent job.
      If it wasn't for me hating the boss-style pedals, I'd really like to try an SD-1. I like the sound, I just cant stand that that little rubber ring for the screw breaks on all my boss pedals, and makes them a PITA to deal with the door thingy popping up all the time. It's happened to my DD-6, my CH-1, and even my decimator. I'm done with them.
      Originally posted by Rockstar216
      Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

I love a lil delay, always.
        ]
        FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
          If it wasn't for me hating the boss-style pedals, I'd really like to try an SD-1. I like the sound, I just cant stand that that little rubber ring for the screw breaks on all my boss pedals, and makes them a PITA to deal with the door thingy popping up all the time. It's happened to my DD-6, my CH-1, and even my decimator. I'm done with them.
          The Monte Allums mod makes it a different pedal. It takes it from another boring, generic overdrive to, "Holy crap! Can I get away with always having a touch of dirt even on my cleans?"

Comment

Comment

I usually have some form of delay running, even if it's just a little bit to emulate reverb in a live setting. The only time I play bone dry is when playing acoustic or recording.

Comment

Vox Time Machine...always on.
                Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                  Oh yeah. That one is ALWAYS on. So is another switcher...I have two amps on the "A" channel.
                  One day . . . i want TWO amps in BOTH channels . . . wink-wink !

For real !

I am 'working'/saving towards a Quad Amp Rig.
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
                    I know this is nothing terribly exciting, but it's always been a TS9 Tubescreamer for me. Although, I pretty much can use just about any OD. When someone tells me they need their amp to come a little more alive, I always throw an OD through it and the reaction they have afterwards is always priceless.

Simple but effective!

This may not count either, but I cannot live without a Noise Gate. My ISP Decimator G-string is essential to my "Always on" list of pedals.
                    +1 for the TS9 and Decimator G-string. I switch to cleans often but sometimes I leave the TS9 on as it gives it a nice bit of grit as I don't use a sparkly squeaky clean.

The ISP just shuts it up a bit when it starts to squeal.

Comment

I like my signal dry as my main tone. Until recently I have never had a "always on" pedal. For me that says that there is a deficiency somewhere or it is a crutch. This is why I now use an EP Booster all the time. It helps with the problems I have with my current amp until I can replace it. It bothers me to have it on all the time.
                      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Emerson EM-Drive
                        Originally posted by jeremy
                        God hates bad guitar tone
                        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I like reverb on for my cleans so I have a few verb pedals.
                          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
                          Roland Cube 60
                          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
                          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
                          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
                          Mogami Cables
                          Mooer Candy Toppers
                          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
                          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

18 Volts, lots of headroom. LOTS. Yes, I own one and use it.
                            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post

18 Volts, lots of headroom. LOTS. Yes, I own one and use it.
                              whoa that thing Is awesome. I've never heard of it before but it's in my sights now.
                              Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                                I like my signal dry as my main tone. Until recently I have never had a "always on" pedal. For me that says that there is a deficiency somewhere or it is a crutch. This is why I now use an EP Booster all the time. It helps with the problems I have with my current amp until I can replace it. It bothers me to have it on all the time.
                                I kind of agree with you on that. Sometimes I feel like if I found just the right amp I wouldn't need a boost or "color" pedal, but until then I'll just throw a tubescreamer on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X