X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product: The Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive

Click here.

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: New Product: The Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive

sounds so good!! and not only that but being from the 805 myself I HAVE to get one!!

Comment

I got to know about the Seymour Duncan 805 when five minutes ago, the screen background on the website abruptly changed to display a turquoise pedal. I then went on a whim to Guitar World, and found the SD announcement released a little earlier. I also found out they also have a demo video of the pickup ready. That is an interesting aspect of marketing which is often overlooked, but as this testifies, paid attention to as well. Good job.
      Last edited by Letus; 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I've also noticed that in the past three product demo videos, Danny Young looks quite washed up. He looks badly in need of some sleep. Does he practice all the way into the late hours before recording the video? That was a feasible possibility with the Perpetual Burn pickups, considering the massive neoclassical tapping sequences he integrated into the demo, but what justifies it on this pedal demo? Is he sick with something?

Comment

And what is it that people like about that 808 chip? What is the history behind it?
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

by 808, do you mean a JRC4558 chip?

An active EQ circuit and 18v range makes this a dirt pedal with a LOT of posibilities. KOFFKlon-fighterKOFF
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

It sounds good.
              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Damn... that sounds amazing!
                Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                Marshall 1960a
                Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Letus View Post
                  I've also noticed that in the past three product demo videos, Danny Young looks quite washed up. He looks badly in need of some sleep. Does he practice all the way into the late hours before recording the video? That was a feasible possibility with the Perpetual Burn pickups, considering the massive neoclassical tapping sequences he integrated into the demo, but what justifies it on this pedal demo? Is he sick with something?

Haha, yeah I don't think that studio has much for air conditioning and that big light on Danny is gets might hot, not too mention all the scales and tapping he is always doing which is certainly taking its toll! He's well though and doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                    by 808, do you mean a JRC4558 chip?

An active EQ circuit and 18v range makes this a dirt pedal with a LOT of posibilities. KOFFKlon-fighterKOFF
                    Yes, it uses the same chip as found in the 808 - the 4558.

Comment

Neat

Comment

An 808-style pedal with B/M/T controls = W I N !
                        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Hard to justify YATS (yet another tube screamer)...BUT....having B M T on it certainly steps things up! I currently use and really like a Green Rhino since it's 808 based and has adjustable bass and mid but having even more control with the treble could come in handy too. I'd love to A/B them at some point.
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                            Hard to justify YATS (yet another tube screamer)...BUT....having B M T on it certainly steps things up! I currently use and really like a Green Rhino since it's 808 based and has adjustable bass and mid but having even more control with the treble could come in handy too. I'd love to A/B them at some point.
                            Hope that Bass knob can put some bass BACK into the tone, unlike the 808's.
                            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

you had me at "active 3 band EQ".
                              Originally posted by KBliss
                              WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                              Originally posted by trevorus
                              The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
                              X