Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ˇNEW PEDAL DAY!

About to get this in the mail today

Was mentioned it in a thread, and after I heard, I had to give it a try on my rig. It'll be plugged into my Marshall JCM2000 with greenbacks. Will be using an epi explorer with a pgn and ccb, and a strat with lace sensors. Never played a bogner before, so this will be new. Can't wait to try out some high gain goodness.
    Last edited by Kais; 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM.

Re: ˇNEW PEDAL DAY!

Veddy nice. If I wasn't super satisfied with my Weehbo I'd probably own one of those by now.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

That is literally the next pedal I might try for another flavor on my board. Congrats!
      -IM

Comment

How does this pedal compare to an actual amp? I know that Distortion pedals should not be mistaken for amps, but this basically looks like an amp in a box, and I've heard amazing things about those Bogner pedals.

Comment

Are you going into the input or effects return of the amp?

Comment

Nice!! Congrats brother.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm running it into the input of my amp, should I be running into the effects loop? I don't think that would sound good.

It's an alright pedal, if I paid $300 for it I'd return it right now. There is A LOT less gain on tap than I initially expected. It's extremely transparent! Whether playing single coils or hbs you can hear the actual tone of your guitar come thru (unlike rat or other pedals that just distort). It has a strong midrangy thing going on, like tubescreamers. Keep in mind this is a overdrive pedal, not a distortion. I made that mistake, I was expecting a distortion pedal, something to replace my rat, but it doesn't seem that will happen. The pedal really is amp like, just the way it feels and responds, bit hard to explain. I'll have to jam on it a bit longer to made a final decision, but I'm not impressed at the moment.

Comment

I don't have any idea what the pedal sounds like, but I have a Shiva and its a really fine amp. It works well for me. Maybe its just me but I doubt the pedal will sound as good as plugging into a real Extacy! Good luck with it& I look forward to your comments on it.
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

This is what you want:

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

That will really light up the clean channel on your Solid State Crate amp!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      That will really light up the clean channel on your Solid State Crate amp!
                      If I had one....

Comment

Must concur about the SS Crate amps. Two of my former pedals, The Rocktron Silver Dragon and the MXR Double Shot. sounded really great thorough my Crate amp with the dashboard red lights under the control panel. But, that was after I swapped out speakers.
                        That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                        And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                          Thanks all. I'm running it into the input of my amp, should I be running into the effects loop? I don't think that would sound good.

It's an alright pedal, if I paid $300 for it I'd return it right now. There is A LOT less gain on tap than I initially expected. It's extremely transparent! Whether playing single coils or hbs you can hear the actual tone of your guitar come thru (unlike rat or other pedals that just distort). It has a strong midrangy thing going on, like tubescreamers. Keep in mind this is a overdrive pedal, not a distortion. I made that mistake, I was expecting a distortion pedal, something to replace my rat, but it doesn't seem that will happen. The pedal really is amp like, just the way it feels and responds, bit hard to explain. I'll have to jam on it a bit longer to made a final decision, but I'm not impressed at the moment.
                          I think that the Uberschall is Bogner's high gain pedal.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TwinTubeMayhem3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	5779955 I picked up one of these a while back. Lately I've been running it with a TS-7 set on "high mod" into a Picovalve with a KT-88 in the power section going out through a Cannibis Rex in a closed cab. Loving heavily on it at the moment.

Comment

This is not me. But it does give a pretty good example of what the thing's capable of.

Comment

Working...
                              X