Zvex Double Rock, reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zvex Double Rock, reviews?

I've been looking at the double rock, as the box of rock doesn't have enough gain for my liking. But I've used 2 rat pedals before, and the tones were useless, too much bass too compressed.

Anyone ever play this pedal, have any words to share? J Mascis seems to love it

Re: Zvex Double Rock, reviews?

I like mine.

It doesn't have more gain than a Box of Rock... It's two of them in a row. I usually set the second one to be loud and slightly broken up, then the first one with the gain maxed out... Trying to recreate putting a normal BoR into a cranked Marshall.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      I like mine.

It doesn't have more gain than a Box of Rock... It's two of them in a row. I usually set the second one to be loud and slightly broken up, then the first one with the gain maxed out... Trying to recreate putting a normal BoR into a cranked Marshall.
      what I meant was if you cascaded both distortion channels into there would be more gain than a standard box of rock, is that true?

Comment

Yeah, its literally two BoRs in one pedal. The setup I use gives me a medium crunch, a heavy riff tone, and both on at once is killzone mode.

Comment

Yeah, its literally two BoRs in one pedal. The setup I use gives me a medium crunch, a heavy riff tone, and both on at once is killzone mode.
          sweet! I actually wish the box was larger, but that's not a big deal. Anything you don't like about it? Couldn't find a decent review on it, and not many videos on youtube about this one

Comment

The only thing I don't like about it is that its not my Black Arts Coven. I rarely use any other pedals anymore...

Comment

The only thing I don't like about it is that its not my Black Arts Coven. I rarely use any other pedals anymore...
              if you are interested in selling the double rock, pm me. we could work out a deal possibly

Comment

Not interested but I appreciate the offer

Comment

Working...
                X