banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

I agree about the High Volt. It can turn your amp into something else and its a thick sounding. I found the the eq on the pedal acts like its on your amp. It turned my 5112 into a small monster.

Comment

hello
      i look for warm tones with a lovepedal pedal
      but which one?
      lyric tones

plexi? tweed 57?

Comment

Have really liked every Lovepedal I have plugged into , maybe the high powered tweed twin. I want a Dover Drive too one of these centuries.
        Originally posted by Oinkus
        I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

I liked Reverb's shootout on this. The Soul Food with the proper germanium diodes (like what I installed in mine) is almost indistinguishable from the Klon. I like to spend as little as possible for good tone, and I think I did just fine. I don't dig this magical pedal hype.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

i wanted to buy a plexi but i have a plexitube

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
              I liked Reverb's shootout on this. The Soul Food with the proper germanium diodes (like what I installed in mine) is almost indistinguishable from the Klon. I like to spend as little as possible for good tone, and I think I did just fine. I don't dig this magical pedal hype.
              Ooohhh... I've got a Soul Food in need of some proper germanium diodes. What are they and where did you find them?
              Do share.

Completely agree with the Klon non-hype. It's just getting silly out there.
              MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
              Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Just finding two settings on two pedals that sound the same doesn't make them the same pedal. Comparing 2 pedals on a youtube vid doesn't really give all the required info to make a decision , it just shows you a setup to make them sound alike for the most part.
                Originally posted by Oinkus
                I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

No, the Kalamazoo is much more versatile than that. One of the small knobs controls how transparent the drive is. It is this primarily that makes it be Klon like in a certain setting.

Some of the lovepedal stuff is more generic, but the Kalamazoo is one that can do very rich drive with (mostly) a flavour all its own.

Comment

Working...
                  X