HSH 5 way wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH 5 way wiring help

I have an HSH Tele Deluxe style guitar with TV Jones Powertrons in neck and bridge and a single coil in the middle.
    Controls are a 5 way rotary switch, 2 volumes, 1 tone and a kill switch (Joe Trohman Squier that I swapped out humbuckers on)
    I love the pickup configuration but would like to...
    1-Downsize the number of pots to 1 master volume (with the treble bleed) and 1 master tone... both 500k pots to accommodate the Powertrons.
    2-Use the 4th leftover hole in pick guard as a top mount jack so I can use my right angle guitar cables that I like. (The normal tele jack will only take the straight plug and easily falls out. Plus I just like top mount jacks and I need to fill that empty pot hole).

My specific question is this. I have this Emerson T3 500k kit that I'd like to just take off the 3 way blade switch and use it's parts.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 9.28.17 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	5834208

Currently on the stock wiring there are 2 wires (1 blue and 1 yellow SEE BELOW) coming off the 5 way rotary switch that go to the 2 volume pots and their center lugs. If I were to eliminate 1 of these volume pots would I simply take BOTH wires to the center lug of the single volume pot? Or jumper one wire over to the other lug on the switch so one wire comes off and goes to the volume pot? See pic below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 8.52.42 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	5834207
Working...
X