Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vitamin Q 0.022

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    He built this n-squared matrix to map where the voltage/frequency dependencies are similar in capacitors. He is finding some caps are very sensitive to voltage variations whereas others are not. His goal is to start building and manufacturing his own brand of what he calls “efficient” capacitors.
    I have to admit, I can't figure out what the numbers on the chart mean. A couple things I'm curious to know, though:

1) what does it mean for a capacitor to be sensitive to voltage variations?

2) what is the tonal difference between a cap that is sensitive to variation, verses one that is less so?

Comment

Tiny component, huge discussion.

Comment

the same could be said of so much wire wrapped around so many magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
          I have to admit, I can't figure out what the numbers on the chart mean. A couple things I'm curious to know, though:

1) what does it mean for a capacitor to be sensitive to voltage variations?

2) what is the tonal difference between a cap that is sensitive to variation, verses one that is less so?
          I don't know the whole science behind what he is doing. The guy is a MIT grad with a big brain. Sometimes I can't understand him when he is just ordering lunch. His theory is more efficient components product a more consistent and clearer tone. All I know is both guitars I did a swap on still have a mid range pop when I roll back the volume. The tone never gets muddy even when dropped to zero.

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
          Looking for a 0.010, brother.
          I don't have one but I can ask Albert when I get to work on Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X