Vitamin Q 0.022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vitamin Q 0.022

If you dislike it so much, you could always just... leave.

maybe go to TGP. they enjoy splitting hairs about irrelevant crap and you'd fit right in.

Comment

I'm in tears

of laughter
      Last edited by GoldenVulture; 07-22-2014, 11:05 AM.
      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
        Do you want to see irony? This SDUGF sub-group so many of you belong to "The Un-Intelligence Group" https://forum.seymourduncan.com/group.php?groupid=7 has in it's description "If you are insulted easily, then this is not the group for you.", and yet, frankly, you're the most sensitive, quick-to-take-offense people I've ever seen on the internet.
        Gee whiz tell me more about this "The Un-Intelligence Group". They sound like a rough bunch, are they a street gang?

Comment

You're each proving my point, better than you can know.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            Gee whiz tell me more about this "The Un-Intelligence Group". They sound like a rough bunch, are they a street gang?

Comment

Just a little thing about buying or not buying the most expensive things for our axes:

I don't have an expensive phone. I don't buy expensive clothes. I don't have a smart TV. Why? Because I don't think they worth my time or money.

However, I am planning to change all the electronics in my guitar (which actually sounds and look good enough to me and to any other who played it) plus the bridge (which also works fine) and buy the very best pots, caps, cables, and bridge I can find. Why? Just because it's my greatest passion, and I would love to spend a little time and money in my sweet babe, which has gave me so much joy. That's why some of us would spend $20 in a cap. All we want is the very best for our ladies, even if it doesn't make any noticeable difference.
              Last edited by Mathías Gabriel Rock; 07-22-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Do you want to see irony? This SDUGF sub-group so many of you belong to "The Un-Intelligence Group" https://forum.seymourduncan.com/group.php?groupid=7 has in it's description "If you are insulted easily, then this is not the group for you.", and yet, frankly, you're the most sensitive, quick-to-take-offense people I've ever seen on the internet.

In this, and in a lot of other threads, all I've done is challenged to snake oil salesman over their expensive caps, expensive pots or expensive pedals, and suddenly anyone who ever bought any of those things, who want to believe the snake oil cures all, takes it as a personal insult. Nearly every thread that turns into a flame war like this deals with high cost versus low cost guitar products.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again; I wish SDUGF didn't have an off-topic forum, because it gives people an incentive to stick around who don't have a genuine interest in talking about guitars, but who end up being here anyway. The private groups are an especially bad feature, causing classic ingroup/outgroup high school-like behavior, causing you to defend each other even when you're wrong, and attack others even when they're right.
                Wow, I'm glad to see you're still harping on a now-defunct group that's been in existence longer than you've been eating solid food. You're cyber stalking is not unique, it is not charming, and it doesn't make you any more qualified to offer opinions than the rest of the forum.

Between the members of the UIG, there was more experience with gear, gigs, and techique than you can begin to imagine. Now many long time contributors to this forum have vacated in search of a forum that can benefit from their experience.

What do you have, Andrew? Snyde, thinly veiled personal attacks and a grudge brought on by a group that you weren't a part of.

Now you can get back to stroking yourself for the Facebook crowd, and if I pick up another infraction for this then I guess the deck is stacked on your favor so oh well.

I'm tapping out.
                Last edited by Big Flannel; 07-22-2014, 11:22 AM.
                 Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathías Gabriel Rock View Post
                  That's why some of us would spend $20 in a cap. All we want is the very best for our ladies, even if it doesn't make any noticeable difference.
                  I understand where you're coming from, why not spend an extra $3 on the bourns/CTS pot, but I'd put forward that you're not the one who's defining what is "best" when you're not positive that there will even be a noticeable difference.

Comment

In this, and in a lot of other threads, all I've done is challenged to snake oil salesman over their expensive caps, expensive pots or expensive pedals, and suddenly anyone who ever bought any of those things, who want to believe the snake oil cures all, takes it as a personal insult. Nearly every thread that turns into a flame war like this deals with high cost versus low cost guitar products.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again; I wish SDUGF didn't have an off-topic forum, because it gives people an incentive to stick around who don't have a genuine interest in talking about guitars, but who end up being here anyway. The private groups are an especially bad feature, causing classic ingroup/outgroup high school-like behavior, causing you to defend each other even when you're wrong, and attack others even when they're right.
                    This is incredibly ironic. I see far more posts from you talking about irrelevant or inconsequential details of items remotely related to guitars than actual guitars or playing.

jumble, from the standpoint of someone with actual training and experience, I would classify much of what he argues is "science" as pseudo-science. The methodology seldom even approaches the "scientific rigor" referenced in a previous post. Simply conducting an experiment and graphing the results does not make it scientific.

Individual differences do not negate the reality of whether a compnonent represents variance. It simply means that the variance may not be detected by everyone.

Eric Johnson's tech was once asked whether it was true that EJ can hear a difference between battery brands used in his equipment. The tech was skeptical, so he tried changing them. EJ plugged in and almost immediately noted that the batteries had been switched.

Practically speaking this is irrelevant for most of us. Yet for EJ it matters.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

You're each proving my point, better than you can know.
                      I find it funny you are commenting on a group that you know nothing about. If you think you can sum up the UIG simply based on the description, you are way off base. Within the UIG we have members representing every aspect of religions, races, political affiliations and gear preferences (probably sexual preferences also but I will not get into that). While some of our discussions will sometimes get heated the are always respectful. They never turn into the circuses I see you involved in with not just the UIG members but with 90% of the SDUGF. We exchange ideas and will actually thank someone when they give us a view on a subject that we never considered. Maybe you should take a look back at some of your posts. It is not just the members of the UIG that you are rubbing the wrong way it is the majority of the SDUGF. The threads should be easy to find most of the threads you post in end up locked.
                      Last edited by Securb; 07-22-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                        Wow, I'm glad to see you're still harping on a now-defunct group that's been on existence longer than you've been eating solid food. You're cyber stalking is not unique, it is not charming, and it doesn't make you any more qualified to offer opinions than the rest of the forum.

Between the members of the UIG, there was more experience with gear, gigs, and techique than you can begin to imagine. Now many long time contributors to this forum have vacated in search of a forum that can benefit from their experience.

What do you have, Andrew? Snyde, thinly veiled personal attacks and a grudge brought on by a group that you weren't a part of.
                        See those two bold comments? Together, that's what is known as "hypocrisy".

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                        Now you can get back to stroking yourself for the Facebook crowd, and if I pick up another infraction for this then I guess the deck is stacked on your favor so oh well.
                        What's all this talk about the "facebook" crowd? Honest question. Are there a bunch of facebookers lurking in the forum or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble jumble View Post
                          Sigh. Really? OK, let's go through this:

I would throw out the ceramic disc. Any of the others, as long as the value was in tolerance would be just fine.
                          Again, making the fair assumption that the reason we would keep or throw away capacitors is due to their relative superioirity/inferiority, then throwing away the ceramic disc implies that it is worse than the others. If it is worse than all the others, it is worse than the PIO cap, which means the PIO is better.

It doesn't take much stretching, really, just a bit of reading comprehension.
                          Comprehension? I want you to stop misquoting me to support your ranting. I gave my specific rationale for not using ceramics based on my technical experience just two posts after that, if you had read thoroughly.

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          The problem I found with the cheap ceramics is that they don't discharge consistently, so effectively the value is constantly changing, which in turn does something really muddy to the resulting sound. In my testing, it somehow managed to blur detail in the notes of chords being played.

So basically I throw them out, not because they are ceramic, but because they are practically defective.

Comment

I find it funny you are commenting on a group that you know nothing about. If you think you can sum up the UIG simply based on the description, you are way off base.
                            I know a) who belongs to the group, and b) the mission statement of the group, which is enough to establish my point.

Within the UIG we have members representing every aspect of religions, races, political affiliations and gear preferences (probably sexual preferences also but I will not get into that). While some of our discussions will sometimes get heated the are always respectful. They never turn into the circuses I see him involved in with not just the UIG members but with 90% of the SDUGF. We exchange ideas and will actually thank someone when they give us a view on a subject that we never considered.
                            Well if you guys hadn't made it a private forum, then knowing what it's about wouldn't be a problem. New suggestion: no private groups; creates more problems than it solves.

And, hey, why don't you try bringing some of that "respectful discussion" out here into the public forum? The image macros and one liners aren't doing anyone any favors.

Maybe you should take a look back at some of your posts. It is not just the members of the UIG that you are rubbing the wrong way it is the majority of the SDUGF.
                            I get accused of "rubbing people the wrong way", mostly by members of said group. What does that even mean? Doesn't that just prove my point about your being thin skinned?

Comment

See those two bold comments? Together, that's what is known as "hypocrisy".

What's all this talk about the "facebook" crowd? Honest question. Are there a bunch of facebookers lurking in the forum or something?
                              I don't thinly veil personal attacks, if I have something to say to you or anyone else I will say it the way that I mean it. The internet is not my filter

You know good and well that once a thread reaches a certaing post count, it gets linked to the Duncan FB page. You end up in every one of them, turning an otherwise civil discussion into a full blown flame war because you are incapable of understanding the concept of an opinion. You believe that you are incapable of being wrong and berate anyone with an oppising view by talking in circles and lurking in the suburbs of ambiguity.
                               Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Within the UIG we have members representing every aspect of religions, races, political affiliations and gear preferences (probably sexual preferences also but I will not get into that). While some of our discussions will sometimes get heated the are always respectful. They never turn into the circuses I see you involved in with not just the UIG members but with 90% of the SDUGF. We exchange ideas and will actually thank someone when they give us a view on a subject that we never considered.

Comment

Working...
                                X