banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the MOST versatile pickup Duncan makes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is the MOST versatile pickup Duncan makes?

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    I just want a bit of proof that you don't only play white british R&B/blues rock, because that's all that you talk about and all that you say you play.

On the other hand, I really don't need the 'proof' of a sound clip of your playing anything, to judge the merits of your arguments. Doesn't change their validity or lack of it. Whether you're a whiz on guitar or a total hack, it doesn't change the content of what you type on your computer. And unlike you, if you were a mediocre player, I wouldn't use it to put you down and say that any of the positions you've taken on the forum are any less valid. Apples and oranges. Music is an individual thing, tone is personal preference. If you're happy with your playing, that's all that matters. You don't need my input on that, nor do I need yours.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      Whether you're a whiz on guitar or a total hack, it doesn't change the content of what you type on your computer.
      Riiiiiiight.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        Kind of late for that. Ace fell asleep and everyone else went home.
        It's never too late. Simply make a choice. Nobody is forced to stay on this bickering kick.

Comment

Riiiiiiight.

Ah, so this is like arm wrestling. Whoever wins is right on matters of personal preference. Gotcha.
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

You never even answered the question - do you play any non-blues/blues-rock/R&B music? Because if you don't, you probably shouldn't be preaching about what pickups do or don't work for those styles.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

You never even answered the question - do you play any non-blues/blues-rock/R&B music? Because if you don't, you probably shouldn't be preaching about what pickups do or don't work for those styles.

I'm sorry, are you Duncan moderator, telling me what I can and can't say? You don't know all of what I play, and I have no idea what kind of music you play, nor is it of any interest what-so-ever. What you type here stands on it's own merits. Seeing the quality of some of your recent posts, you really shouldn't be telling others what they should and shouldn't be posting.

Comment

If you don't play (x genre), you don't use (x genre's) tones. Therefore, you don't make recommendations for people looking for pickups trying to get the (x genre) tone. It's that simple.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

I feel like this should have gone to PMs about 7 pages ago.

Comment

You're right. I'm out.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

This thread is closing for myriad reasons., which I will discuss ad-nauseum after I am fully awake.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                      X