Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

I love using pedals but if I get something for the intention of a solo boost I need to switch it on while I am playing but I cannot use my feet...

Is there any way and I mean ANY way I can set something up either built in to the guitar or what not to turn things on... like how Jason Becker had his pickup switch, switch amps at the same time?

any way anyone can think of...
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Re: Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

You could have a small booster (such as the sho or microamp) built in you guitar and activated with a micro switch...

Comment

Yea that would work for a boost but I am thinking more control over a whole board... or some odd thing idk. lol like I use, Fuzz, Phaser, OD, EQ, Noise Suppression etc. and would like to have a thing for the whole board... but that is a solid idea I will look into for a boost, thanks!
      Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
      Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

I've thought a lot about this sort of thing too, but more in that I would want greater control over stuff like delays as I'm playing, like being able to turn the knobs and stuff.
        I think the best thing for a guy in a wheelchair would be to get them velcro'd and mounted to something like a movable arm you could either park next to or would be attached to your chair with a clamp. The pedals would need to be probably retrofitted with soft-touch buttons....I hate clicking true bypass buttons by hand. Conceivably you could put a big pad or something on the button and click them with your elbow if you angled everything right.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

One acronym, MIDI.

-Voodoo Lab GCX to put each pedal in a loop
          -MIDI Controllable pedals for effects you want to change mid-set (See Strymon Timeline for delay, Möbius for modulation and Big Sky for reverb
          -Midi controller programmed to patch changes (Let's say: Music Technologies MIDI Patch Changer or Arturia BeatStep)
          -Same MIDI controller with knobs assigned to CC values that MIDI pedals are expecting to see (Arturia BeatStep)

You can setup patches in the GCX that turn certain pedals on and off (and switch channels on you amp), the MIDI controller can be places where you can reach it to cycle through patches (and probably turn individual loops on and off) and the rotary controllers can be used to change the settings directly on MIDI equipped pedals.

This actually sounds extremely fun from a total nerd perspective.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You definitely could wire up some pedals into your guitars. Matt Bellamy has them wired into his guitars. Noise gates and EQs are pretty much set and forget so that takes care of them. I would consider choosing between Fuzz and OD. Remember that a pedal like a Fuzz face has a very small circuit board that could be placed into a guitar and have two pots placed on the guitar to control it. A phase 90 is also a relatively small circuit board and you could get one of those placed into a guitar as well. Then have whoever does the mod replace the standard footswitches with a on off toggle switch. A guitar with a large body and simple control layout will work better than something like a Les Paul. Also a hardtail will provide more space in the guitar for you to do this.

It limits your choice of guitars and pedals a lot, but yes this is do able.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
              I love using pedals but if I get something for the intention of a solo boost I need to switch it on while I am playing but I cannot use my feet...

Is there any way and I mean ANY way I can set something up either built in to the guitar or what not to turn things on... like how Jason Becker had his pickup switch, switch amps at the same time?

any way anyone can think of...
              Artec makes a number of different styles of boosters. I recently bought a QTA for a project guitar but I haven't wired it up yet. I'm still waiting on other parts. Look under guitar electronics. GFS also has some which I believe are made by Artec.

Last edited by idsnowdog; 09-02-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Oh man, forgot about MIDI. That's the way the pros handle massive boards. You can also make MIDI trigger buttons out of about anything that will change voltage.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

I would try and wire up one of the Xotic pedals into my guitar, with a mini switch for on and off, and maybe a knob or two on the guitar if I could for certain parameters, (gain, volume, what have you).

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    One acronym, MIDI.

-Voodoo Lab GCX to put each pedal in a loop
                    -MIDI Controllable pedals for effects you want to change mid-set (See Strymon Timeline for delay, Möbius for modulation and Big Sky for reverb
                    -Midi controller programmed to patch changes (Let's say: Music Technologies MIDI Patch Changer or Arturia BeatStep)
                    -Same MIDI controller with knobs assigned to CC values that MIDI pedals are expecting to see (Arturia BeatStep)

You can setup patches in the GCX that turn certain pedals on and off (and switch channels on you amp), the MIDI controller can be places where you can reach it to cycle through patches (and probably turn individual loops on and off) and the rotary controllers can be used to change the settings directly on MIDI equipped pedals.

This actually sounds extremely fun from a total nerd perspective.
                    could I put the rotery controller in my guitar cavity? like a strat or something? O_O

Comment

I am not sure if they still make them, but there used to be a company that built a booster for a Fender S-switch and a Push-Pull, I built a booster circuit to put in a cheap old squier that worked pretty well.

Comment

Get a music stand like this...

Get a high quality one that is made of thick metal. It won't move with a bunch of pedals on it. I did this once when I was experimenting with sounds and didn't want to keep leaning over ever 6 seconds. I just placed my pedalboard on mine and it held up well. Should work for what you need.
                        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

On board boost.
                          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Hot Hand 3 is sort of an option http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/...d/hothand3.php
                            Originally posted by Oinkus
                            I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                              Oh man, forgot about MIDI. That's the way the pros handle massive boards. You can also make MIDI trigger buttons out of about anything that will change voltage.
                              iPad

Comment

Working...
                              X