Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

but could I do the rotary switch on guitar?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

If Matt Bellamy can put a Kaoss Pad in his guitar, I'm sure you can put a MIDI controller in your guitar. However, you're getting into some serious design and building to pull it off. I'd think it would be much easier to have a production controller right by your side.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If it's just a boost you want, then I would suggest just building a clone of whatever pedal you prefer, and building it into your guitar with a mini-toggle switch. You could add a pot to control the level, re-purpose and existing pot, of simply leave the boost level fixed inside.

If you want control over more that just one pedal, then you're looking at more complex solutions. It would be possible to build one or more true-bypass loopers into the guitar, with toggle switch(es) to select pedals in and out. That's only good for a limited number, though, since you need a cable in and out to each pedal. Jerry Garcia had something like this in his guitars, so he could jump out to pedals, then come back to the guitar to have his volume control after the effects.

So, beyond 1 or 2 effects, you'd need a custom remote-switching setup or MIDI.

I once built a Boss CE-2 chorus pedal into a Les Paul. PM me if you want to kick some ideas around, after defining your needs better.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Joe Gore does a onboard boost and gives the info and instructions http://tonefiend.com/pickups/fun-with-onboard-boosters/
          Originally posted by Oinkus
          I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Midi switching would be a great option. Some small controller that can stick to the face of a guitar would be really great.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
            Originally posted by Securb
            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Guitarfetish has Modboards as well; pedals built in SMD and stuck on the back of pots. Wide selection of them too...
              But the MIDI thing would work the best by far, especially if you have all your pedals already. If you're into tinkering, it might be time to look into Arduinos. Google-fu will not only get you building instructions on stuff like robots, Arduino-based effects pedals...jeez, A/C actuators...anything a microcontroller can do, an Arduino or one of the variants can be programmed to do as well. The programming is easy too as you hook it up to USB and cut/paste code that people post online right into the controller, unplug it and off you go.
              Or, put a little more money down and buy a MIDI setup prefabbed and ready to go. It's been the way to go since the 80s.
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
                but could I do the rotary switch on guitar?
                I'm not aware of a ready-made guitar pot-sized rotary MIDI controller. But I think something could be improvised. Though it could get expensive. For example, you could have a standard rotary switch (4-6 positions) and then you'd need a 4-6 wire cable out of the guitar to 4-6 of these MIDI boxes (http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSLFSCONTROL) that each could trigger program changes to trigger/turn off/on effects.

Comment

In this world of zillions of pedals, I'm surprised nobody is making Nose Pedals.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Use a Pimp Cane to switch them on/off.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                      In this world of zillions of pedals, I'm surprised nobody is making Nose Pedals.
                      You sure about that?

High quality, theologically sound guitar effects.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Would the line 6 midi guitars work? I would find a way to make something similar.... But I could put a 4-6 wire midi in my guitar with a rotary switch and hook it to a midi pedal? Hmm

I also don't mind about cost or if it looks ugly as frig if it works it works :P
                        Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
                        Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

I think if you had the right circuits (Artec makes a few great ones) a rotary switch would be a totally doable boost, the best part of a rotary switch would be the ability to shift into different types of boost with 1 dial. It wouldn't require much for modification on the guitar. I have been considering building a travel guitar with a speaker built into it with a few of Artecs circuits built in, just as an all around the campfire, you know, for playing Wonderwall and shabby AC/DC singalongs.

Comment

Hmm...this is an interesting topic. I would have some sort of micro MIDI switches installed in the guitar controlling some sort of rack setup. Allowing you flexibility for both expansion and combinations. Think of something like THIS on the surface, allowing you to turn on multiple effects at a time.
                            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I want to use the rotary as a sort of extension on a midi pedal that holds banks....

Comment

I guess if you could find a way to regulate voltage that very well could work... MIDI is out of my league when it comes to circuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X