NEED HELP WITH RESONANCE PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP WITH RESONANCE PROBLEMS

Okay, so this had just started happening, but whenever I play an open E (or any open chord) the strings always resonate when I stop playing. It doesn't do it with any other chords (as the recording shows). I have a string through guitar (Schecter Omen solo 6), and I think it might be the strings below the bridge piece that is causing it. Is there a way to stop this? It's affecting what I can actually record and, frankly, getting on my nerves!

Thanks guys!
    Attached Files

Re: NEED HELP WITH RESONANCE PROBLEMS

Just my 2 cents -

I'd put some masking tape or something on the strings behind the bridge and above the nut to see if it's in either place (isn't that what those scrunchy looking things are for that Ola and his minions all use?). I'd also tape off the other strings to see if it still does it. Then, I'd work up the neck to see if it's hitting a fret.

Comment

I use these for that problem.

Comment

I'll have a look at the masking tape fix. I'll try spend as little as possible if I can.

Comment

I use a little hair scrunchy under the Low E and A strings after the nut on my Strat to kill resonance/ringing.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

the foam that comes in the box with Duncan pups works good behind the bridge and at the nut. just cut a piece the right size and stuff it in there

Comment

Don't forget if your guitar is a tremolo equipped guitar the springs resonate too. Pads/sponges underneath cuts that

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I find that using the scrunchie or foam seems to work best. Clear recordings from now on!

Comment

Working...
                X