Best Wah for Buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Wah for Buck?

Just get a Tesse picture Wah and be done with it. Its one of the best Wahs out there period! Pricey, yes, but they are some of the most vocal wahs out there. OR you could go the way I chose to...... I have two Thomas Organ Company Wahs FROM THE LATE 60'S. They are absolutely beautiful sounding wahs. Clean or dirty. Both have been modded. My original one has a power supply added to it and a few resistor changes. I don't use this one too much now because the pedal is so worn that I have to hold it in place with my foot once its engaged. So I bought a second one and this one had a pot added to it so you can adjust the voice based on the guitar you are using. I just leave it set to where it sounds like my other one. I like the older pedals but they can be problematic, that's why I recommended Teese Wahs. They sound a lot like the old ones but they are new! Less things to break on them.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I've been using a ModTone "Vintage Wah", for the last couple of years. About the same price as a plain old Dunlop Crybaby, and sounds a hell of a lot better. It actually reminds me of my old Thomas Organ.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        BBE ??? Just do not buy the Vertex version
        Haha...i was going to say the exact same thing!
        Originally posted by jeremy
        God hates bad guitar tone
        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Haha

Comment

I liked my jimi Hendrix cry baby, but when it crapped out I got the cheaper 9v slash cry baby, I don't care for the halo as much as the fasel, but I really like having the LED so I know as soon as I plug my board in whether its on or not
            sigpic
            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              BBE ??? Just do not buy the Vertex version

Yup, for my money it's the BBE. I literally gave my Crybaby away when my BBE first showed-up years ago. I still love it to this day. In fact, I had a Mission Engineering ReWah this summer that I was demo'ing (in Candy Purple -- YUMMAY!!!!), and I elected to take it back and keep the BBE. The Mission was VERY sweet and musical, but the BBE had deeper lows and I really like deep lows in my wah when I switch to the neck pickup. The Mission was all in the mid-range. It was slightly more musical and sweet (and I mean slightly), but between the lack of depth and at double the price... I'll take the BBE any day. In fact, I'll likely soon be buying another BBE for my 2nd pedal board.

Btw... the Crybaby was an absolute tone-sucker. I gigged it for 5-10 years, but used it sparingly because I hate what it did to my volume and tone. Not so with the BBE.
              Last edited by Red_Label; 09-19-2014, 01:30 PM.
              "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

mxr cae.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                X