No announcement yet.

fulltone 70 can not using with wah wah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fulltone 70 can not using with wah wah?

"Don't try using it with a wah wah... you can't, and neither could Jimi, without it screaming and howling."they said
    but this pedal is not making 1970's jimi tone?at the time jimi is alway using fuzz with wah wah
    anyway,i looking for a wild fuzz like jimi's tone,it i don't go with 70,what i gotta go?
    sunface 275 is too expensive,the dunlop mini fuzzface has a good price and great design,but what about the tone?and what about 69 mk2?

Re: fulltone 70 can not using with wah wah?

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix FF sounds great for the money. Prefer silicon Fuzz Faces myself.
    It's very likely Jimi (and many others from that era) had his pedals modded. Probably some kinda buffer added to the FF.

Comment

Perfectly normal, unfortunately. No matter how expensive a fuzz you get, it will do that. Two things:

-Search Dave Fox Wah buffer. You need a buffer that will switch with the wah, on/on and off/off. If the buffer is on when the wah is off, you loose the dynamics and response of the fuzz. If the buffer is off when the wah and fuzz are on, you get the squeal. I have one in a Teese wah and it works well with fuzz (the only one of four wahs I have that does play nice)

-Jimi may not have had an output buffer on his wah... You can hear him get the squeal and cricket like feedback live... A lot of his wah tone was just through a raging Marshall stack, not necessarily a fuzz.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

All fuzz faces are problematic with wahs, so you'll get the same issue with a 69, any of analogman's fuzz faces, all of the dunlop fuzz faces and do on. Fuzz faces require a high impedance input. The trick is to find a wah that compensates for the fuzz face. Look for something like a teese wah, the foxrox fuzz friendly wah retrofit or any other wah that advertises "fuzz friendly" buffering.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Fulltone, among others, make a wah with a switchable buffer. It's on both of fulltone's wahs, the Clyde and the Clyde Deluxe. I have a Clyde Deluxe and it works perfectly with each of the four fuzzes on my board.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Perfectly normal, unfortunately. No matter how expensive a fuzz you get, it will do that. Two things:

-Search Dave Fox Wah buffer. You need a buffer that will switch with the wah, on/on and off/off. If the buffer is on when the wah is off, you loose the dynamics and response of the fuzz. If the buffer is off when the wah and fuzz are on, you get the squeal. I have one in a Teese wah and it works well with fuzz (the only one of four wahs I have that does play nice)

-Jimi may not have had an output buffer on his wah... You can hear him get the squeal and cricket like feedback live... A lot of his wah tone was just through a raging Marshall stack, not necessarily a fuzz.
            so what about the dunlop 535q,it has the buffer switch?if not,what i need?

Comment

When speaking about Wah pedals there are 2 styles of buffers.

Output buffers like the 535q and buffers for use with a fuzz like the Foxrox.

You do not want an output buffer, its just the wrong type of buffer and doesn't really correct the wah-fuzz interaction.

Don't try to find a specific wah or fuzz that will work "correctly" buy a fuzz and a wah you like then figure out how to make them work together.

On the fuzz front decide what Fuzz Face tone you want...the Fulltone 70 and AnalogMan NKT for example sound VERY different.

Then decide on a wah.

If you want s fuzz buffer get a wah with one it have one added or figure out how to make it work without a buffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
              X