Pot values for Fuzz Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot values for Fuzz Face

I have a busted pot on an old used FF I picked up a while ago. Seems like an easy fix, so long as I get the right K value and taper, does anyone know what I would need? It's the "Fuzz" control. Looks like this:

Another question, I have have a bad footswitch on an MXR pedal I'd like to replace. Is there a certain kind to buy, and where can I find it? Thanks guys.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Re: Pot values for Fuzz Face

Never mind, I think I answered my own question with a bit of Google searching. I didn't realize the B1K just told me everything I needed to know. B is a linear taper (which I guessed anyway), and 1K couldn't be more straighforward. Now I just need to find one online. I've also found a ton of cool mods I may or may not try, depends on how ambitious I'm feeling.
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Small Bear sells a C1K pot for FF's, it's reverse audio taper to smooth out the adjustment at the top of the fuzz range. It's a 16mm pot I believe.

Al

Comment

That fuzz is notorious for having marginal transistors but an easy board to work on. Good luck on your fuzz journey!

(Or, just send it to Analog Mike and have him to the hard work of matching transistors and biasing them. )
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X