Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch Mr Scary Humbucker.

Whats up everyone?
    I'm a huge Screamin Demon Pickup fan , Love the tone , clarity and grace this pickup has. George went and built a "Better" Pickup in the Mr Scary. It looks vintage at least the one I just listened to and man does it sound good. It really brings Clarity to a whole new meaning. It's how a good quality pickup should sound. Powerful , clear , clean and man does it rock.

Now I have to get one and Install it into one of my Guitars. WOW anyone else have experience with one?

Re: George Lynch Mr Scary Humbucker.

Yup. It's a nice pickup but not that much more special than the hybrids I make myself.

Comment

The what? Which pickup are you talking about?

Comment

Lynch uses an Arkane pickup nowadays in stead of the Demon or the Super V. It's called the Mr. Scary. 13k if I recall correctly, alnico8.

Comment

It's heartbreaking that he is no longer an SD endorser.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Griffin View Post
            It's heartbreaking that he is no longer an SD endorser.
            I just had lunch with George Saturday in Shanghai after he did a bunch of performances at the ESP booth playing SDs in his guitar. It's all good. He's got his own pickup brand, but we're all friends. We respect the hell outta each other, and we wish each other all the best.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I do think that the business decision to eschew the kind of cross promotion that Seymour Duncan can provide in favor for a small start-up maybe wasn't the best.

Especially since George has been working so hard on new material, bands and projects. He could have benefited greatly from a continuing professional relationship with SD.

SD could have lifted George up, instead George is the one lifting Arcane pickups up.

Oh well, it's what he wanted to do.
              Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

George Lynch is STILL the baddest mother….
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Working...
                  X