banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting frustrated find dirt pedals for vox ac15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: getting frustrated find dirt pedals for vox ac15.

Yup. Try a power conditioner.

As for g12m greenbacks, IME the EV/Heritage g12m by far handles gain the best of the new 12m25 from Celestion and the WGS green beret. Its woodier/drier, has a clearer midrange and has better bass response, so you can roll it off at the amp some and still have a low end. It is not as fizzy on top either..the speaker is more like the Creamback 12m65 in those aspects. The standard G1m25 Celestion and especially the WGS flub out, mud out, and get brittle much quicker. Probably why Eddie uses the Heritage version. It is a bit quieter/less efficient, 2db IIRC, and it's noticable, and that may help it. It is worth taking a look at for a low wattage amp if you like the 12m sound.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I'd give a treble booster a try.

Comment

I did some research last night and found a lot of threads where people were having the same problem as me. I came across alot of people talking about treble cut mod all you do is clip 2 resistors on the top boost channel. From what I read it restores the amp to older vox sounds. The handwired and heritage series don't have these caps either. So I figured why not give it a try. It does not change the tone much just gets rid of some of the harshness. I can still dial in the clean sound I like.
        But with pedals it made a world of difference. Everything is alot fuller and smoother sounding. i may still look into getting another amp just for heavy sounds but the ac15 isnt going anywhere for my clean and mid gain. On a side note who makes a good treble boost? I have never used one before.

Comment

You answered your own question in your last paragraph. In wheeling and dealing amps, you sold the right ones and bought the wrong one, and now you're chasing your tail with pedals.

[quote]
          In the 20 years I have been playing I have owned amps from peavey to splawn and and few bogners. But I have never had this problem before.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I have always wanted to have multiple setups. I learned a long time ago that no one setup will cover everything. It's just easy to get caught up in chasing tones. I am hoping to find a job soon. That way I can have more money to build a good setup. It will take me a long time but I want to try a bogner xtc or friedman be100. Wanting good gear on a Taco Bell budget is rough lol.

Comment

You can get an older Bogner preamp on reverb these days for a decent price..

Comment

When I used to run an AC30, I found the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde pedal sounded really good with it.
                2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Working...
                X