• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall gurus give me some guidance

I might know.

Comment

Never mind; I see you've jumped on it already.

Comment

I'm surprised it had not already sold before you bought it.

Comment

I seem to like the Marshalls that everyone else hates. I like the 900 a lot (any model really), and the 2000 TSL. I regret selling my 900 Dual Reverb half stack (and my TSL 122). It was better on 1/2 power and with an outboard e.q. The weak spot of the amp to me was that the onboard e.q. was not very responsive to changes. But...it does the Marshall thing okay.

That said, I don't think $650 is a price that you should necessarily jump on.
          Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-26-2015, 08:23 PM.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            I'm surprised it had not already sold before you bought it.
            It has only been posted for 3 days. There were other people looking at it, I am the first to come up with the cash. Now if I could only get the wife to let me build the Wall of Doom in the kitchen like you.

Comment

Dude, when DSL's were still made in england. And it does say jcm800 cab, depending on the year it MAT be g12t-65s, but if it says 300w or whatnot then its the 75s.

Great amps, very simple mods can take this a long way too. Who cares about tube condition, (especially for this price) you should be re tubing and having it looked over anyway!
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                That said, I don't think $650 is a price that you should necessarily jump on.
                Why would that be? Everywhere I look the head is going for $625- $700 used. The cab is fetching $300- $400, seems like a solid deal to me. I am going over to play the amp tonight if everything checks out it is mine.

Comment

Bottom price for that set up should be 800... 650 is a smokin deal on it. God I wish we had the used gear market here that you have in the US... Here a used DSL head is 800 euro... even with the weak euro its about a 1050 bucks.
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I got it home, thanks to everyone for your advice. I am in love with this amp. I am a lot happier than I think I would have been with the JCM 900. The "classic" gain on this amp is awesome and the "ultra' gain is a full on punch in the face. The cab could use a quick wipe down with vinyl cleaner. The head looks like it just cane out of the box.

Last edited by Securb; 02-27-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Get some!
                      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

You stole that.

Nice score.
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice score.

Comment

Marshall gurus give me some guidance

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            Why would that be? Everywhere I look the head is going for $625- $700 used. The cab is fetching $300- $400, seems like a solid deal to me. I am going over to play the amp tonight if everything checks out it is mine.
                            I was responding to your initial inquiry about a 900 (head only). A DSL with cab for $650 is a good price.
                            Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-28-2015, 03:53 PM.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                              Get some!
                              Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                              You stole that.

Nice score.
                              Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                              Nice score.
                              Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                              A DSL with cab for $650 is a good price.
                              Thanks guys. The love affair has already begun. I have been having a ball with the Strat w/ the Fralin High Output/Pure PAF set. I have a darker tone so the "deep" button is heaven for me. I have also been having fun with the channel switching, bouncing between an Angus and Malcolm tones playing some AC/DC tunes. I will say it is a hell of a lot louder than I expected I am thinking about picking up a power attenuator for home use.

Jolly called last night and is trying to convince me I need the b cab. I might not need too much convincing. To quote Jolly "who ******* cares if you ever use it, it is cools as ******* hell just to stare at the ******* thing." Truer words have never been said.
                              Last edited by Securb; 02-28-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Lol...I even crack myself up sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X