No announcement yet.

Riddle Q Balls, anyone have/using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle Q Balls, anyone have/using one?

I came across this EHX pedal called Riddle, its a Q wah, the balls reference is to the in built distortion I guess lol. I like the idea of being able to control the sweep using an expression pedal & with all the options on hand it would seem like a cool pedal to have around. I haven't checked the videos on it yet, gonna look some up now, the control available on it is quite nice.

So has anyone got one of these on their board or has tried one, what are your thoughts on it?

EDIT: Found a fun demo vid, my favorite part was between 1:34 to 1:53 lol. Never seen anyone live or online yet, using an acoustic the way this guy does for heavy sounds with a big muff(?). Good stuff. Not really my kinda pedal though, seems overly complex & geared more towards unusual sounding stuff I can't usually come up with ideas for.
    The Electro-Harmonix Riddle is a powerful and precise envelope filter fine-tuned for guitar frequency response.Sculpt your envelope to reveal a truly express...
    Last edited by Hank-; 12-02-2014, 01:26 PM.

Re: Riddle Q Balls, anyone have/using one?

Never owned one. Never played one. Never heard one before this. Never will own one.

Sounds like crap to me.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Lol, nice design features & cool name though. This one is for guitars, they have separate one for bass, its called "Enigma" instead of riddle. Someone's a Batman fanatic there.

Comment

Cool sounding little envelope filter . . . they're great for funky little riffs that you want to jam out to.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
        X