banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on which USA Rat I just wound up with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on which USA Rat I just wound up with.

Just traded for a dead mint Made in the USA small box Rat. Has the power light in the A the back label says The Rat the SN is 6 digits and starts with RT-248.
    Is this not the "good one"?
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Need help on which USA Rat I just wound up with.

What colour?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      Is this not the "good one"?
      Does it sound like the "good one"?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

if its got the LED in the A its a Rat 2... its not one of the vaunted early 80's rats but still a cool pedal none the less.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

It's Black and since I have never owned one before don't know if it sounds like the "good one". I don't normally use a dirt box and got it with some other pedals in a trade for some pickups.

Last edited by Ascension; 12-04-2014, 10:16 AM.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Its definitely a rat 2. They came out in the early 90's or so
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Thanks man that's what I though. I had no idea some of the versions were as "desirable" as they are till I started looking at these on ebay last night. From the MI-USA and SN on the sticker looks like this one is a pretty early Rat 2. Now what to do with it should it stay or should it go?
              Guitars

Comment

Thanks for the help guys just threw it up on Ebay as I am just not a dirt box fan. If some one here wants it hit me with a PM $100 shipped in the Lower and PP will take it.
                Guitars

Comment

The later Rat II's are made in China, and the last U.S. ones before production went to China and the Chinese ones have the different (OP07) chip in them. Check to see if yours has the LM308 chip, if so it's a "good" one. Also, later ones went to a slanted top box, they are definitely Chinese and have the OP07 chip. Different knobs also. It's easy to check the chip, just open it up and look for the black 8-legged rectangular component on the board and see what it says on the top.

Al

Comment

Working...
                  X