Forum pickup ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Forum pickup ideas

Honestly, i don't have tried all so much pickups. I tried a screaming demon, 59, dimebucker, Custom 5, JB, Pearly gates neck, custom, custom custom, saraceno PATB-3 , distortion PATB-2.

What i would like to hear/see, is the ditrortion PATB-2 in normal trembucker look, why not with hex screws and different magnets.
    For me it's the only cermaic magnet pickup with not such harschy trebles. It's a little more mid-scooped as traditionnal customs or distortions.
    I would like to see this PATB-2 (in his original parallel axis look or traditionnal look) with different magnets, like alnico 5 or 8. I think it's could be a surprising combination.
    I'm ever surprised why so less people play this PATB-2.... he's just amazing.

i have a question: is it possible to create a pickup with 2 half magnets ? an half of ceramic and a half alnico ?

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post

i have a question: is it possible to create a pickup with 2 half magnets ? an half of ceramic and a half alnico ?
      I can't remember who said it but someone on the forum said that ALNICO has to have a certain height to width ratio or else it gets unstable. So the answer is no you can't.
      Originally posted by dg27
      Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy72 View Post
        I can't remember who said it but someone on the forum said that ALNICO has to have a certain height to width ratio or else it gets unstable. So the answer is no you can't.
        I did... and its true... The magnetism isnt stable otherwise.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          I did... and its true... The magnetism isnt stable otherwise.
          Is it only that way with ALNICO?
          Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

Well, neodymium is plenty stable with magnets small enough to fit an earbud so I'm guessing at least that and chances are, ceramics too, don't have that issue...

Hmm, there's an idea, a Humbucker with a Neodymium magnet! I already have a HN3 and a HN3+ (Tom Anderson pickups, the N stands for Neodymium) and they both sound exceptionally clear without having the typical ceramic sterility...

Mmm, me likey!
            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy72 View Post
              Is it only that way with ALNICO?
              Yes and not all alnicos are the same stability wise... A5 is the most stable... A4 in particular is comparatively unstable which is part of the reason why it fell out of industrial use and its extinction for a number of years.
              Last edited by Edgecrusher; 01-25-2015, 07:16 AM.
              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                Yes and not all alnicos are the same stability wise... A5 is the most stable... A4 in particular is comparatively unstable which is part of the reason why it fell out of industrial use and its extinction for a number of years.
                Learn something new everyday, thats why I love this forum. Maybe thats one of the reasons why A5 is used a lot.
                sigpic
                Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                JFG Flying V,
                "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Start making an entire vintage single coil line. Right now, Duncan does not put out enough single-coils. Start making a Duncan 59 set, or a Duncan 61 set, or a Duncan 65 set kinda like Klein does. That's what I want to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
                    Start making an entire vintage single coil line. Right now, Duncan does not put out enough single-coils. Start making a Duncan 59 set, or a Duncan 61 set, or a Duncan 65 set kinda like Klein does. That's what I want to see happen.
                    I love the idea but does it need to be the forum pickup? We have a great opportunity to do something unique and vintage style strat pickups have been done to death by every other company. Sure they should do it but I don't think it should be the forum pickup slot...

Comment

What about a Duncan version of the Fender Wide Range pickups? with CuNiFe threaded rod magnets....

Last edited by crguti; 01-27-2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X