just got my first Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my first Bass

YO! I was wondering if y'all could steer me in the direction of a killer overdrive/distortion pedal to cover grunge to metal, also a good envelope filter. my bass is a P/J

Re: just got my first Bass

I have always like the Gallien-Krueger Diesel Dawg for bass overdrive.
    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
      I have always like the Gallien-Krueger Diesel Dawg for bass overdrive.
      hey tanks man completely forgot about GK...I was just checking out some Aguilar stuff and its kinda pricey. I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiemetl View Post
        hey tanks man completely forgot about GK...I was just checking out some Aguilar stuff and its kinda pricey. I appreciate it
        No problem. Good luck with your search!
        Soundcloud

Comment

Diesel Dawg is awesome. That thing can get REALLY fuzzy distortion if you want it to, but will give you a subtler grit too if you dial back the gain. I also use the Fulltone OCD and love the Tech 21 Sansamp bassdriver. The Sansamp is the most expensive but it is also a DI box, which is invaluable as a bass player for recording AND live. You can run through that out to a sound system and you're in business, no amp required. I seriously recommend checking it out, but if you don't have the money or don't like the tone then definitely check out the Diesel Dawg and OCD.

Comment

I like a plain ole Boss DS-1
            $20 used

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Ibanez LA Metal.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B. Extremely versatile from slight OD to insane fuzz along with a clean blend so the bass doesn't disappear in the mix.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                X