banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Idea #31

Fender introduces Fifty Shades of Grey line

Comment

Idea #74,216 - Bobbin Bedazzler™.
      Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Well, there goes that thread. And any hope that a woman reading it would ever consider the SDUGF as a place where women are viewed as respected equals.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Or maybe they'd see some awesome ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
            Well, there goes that thread. And any hope that a woman reading it would ever consider the SDUGF as a place where women are viewed as respected equals.
            I'm shocked that a forum that has a three year old 44 page thread dedicated to objectifying women in the OT area doesn't seem like a place where women are viewed as respected equals. Shocked, I say.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              I'm shocked that a forum that has a three year old 44 page thread dedicated to objectifying women in the OT area doesn't seem like a place where women are viewed as respected equals. Shocked, I say.
              Point taken. But this thread was originated to generate a higher level of discourse. And it did. For awhile.
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                Steve not all people on this earth need to be considered "respected equals". Dare I say for me that is an earned designation I give to people, one that I do not give out too freely. There are many women as well as men that I hold in the highest regard. My desire to make light of women or men I do not give that distinction to does not make me a villain or misogynist. I call them as I see them, I see a lot of them in a three year old 44 page thread dedicated to celebrating women's beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Steve not all people on this earth need to be considered "respected equals". Dare I say for me that is an earned designation I give to people, one that I do not give out too freely. There are many women as well as men that I hold in the highest regard.
                  I think i would dare to proffer that on a day to day basis I meet more women I genuinely respect than guys. Your average dude is a choad. But both genders run the full gamut from amoeba to demigods

My desire to make light of women or men I do not give that distinction to does not make me a villain or misogynist.
                  So much this!
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                    Maybe i'm missing something (which is not at all impossible) but the few women around here seem to get treated pretty good. I never saw anyone be really uncouth towards Longcat or Punkkitty... there are a couple others that I cant remember the name of. Sure maybe the opened a thread and saw something a bit gratuitous but isnt it in a way akin to wandering into the boys locker room?

Lets not forget that girls can also be downright vulgar when they get together in groups. Not too long ago my wife hosted a bachelorette party, of which i chose to hide from in the basement. Just from what I overheard I'm pretty sure the devil himself would have blushed. Things that if they would have came out of a males mouth there would definitely have been a sexual harassment charge.
                    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                      Maybe i'm missing something (which is not at all impossible) but the few women around here seem to get treated pretty good. I never saw anyone be really uncouth towards Longcat or Punkkitty... there are a couple others that I cant remember the name of. Sure maybe the opened a thread and saw something a bit gratuitous but isnt it in a way akin to wandering into the boys locker room?
                      There's a saying "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." , which is to say, it's more telling how a person conducts themselves when girls are not around, versus when they are.

Lets not forget that girls can also be downright vulgar when they get together in groups. Not too long ago my wife hosted a bachelorette party, of which i chose to hide from in the basement. Just from what I overheard I'm pretty sure the devil himself would have blushed. Things that if they would have came out of a males mouth there would definitely have been a sexual harassment charge.
                      "But they do it too!" is not an admirable defense, if it can be called a defense at all.

Well, hey, I'm glad this thread didn't get closed. It turned into a chance for self reflection on all corners.
                      Last edited by DreX; 02-24-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

This is just more of people being offended for other people. It is so easy to take up someone's cause when you don't have one yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                          This is all stuff that's popular among women, right now, mostly gleaned from my wife but some from chicks at work.

Seriously. Get out of your basement and go find a real, live one.

Well, almost all the stuff I posted is popular right now. Sex And The City and *****ing about your crappy boyfriend is apparently eternal.
                          Ummm... Married to an English professor and we have a kid about to enter kindergarten. So, no, I'm not a basement-dwelling neckbeard that's never touched a woman.
                          Nope...

Comment

This is just more of people being offended for other people.
                            The premise of this thread boils down to "being offended for other people". All of the rules they make for this forum are essentially "being offended for other people". Any sort of advocacy is "being offended for other people".

It is so easy to take up someone's cause when you don't have one yourself.
                            ooooooh

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                              Ummm... Married to an English professor and we have a kid about to enter kindergarten. So, no, I'm not a basement-dwelling neckbeard that's never touched a woman.
                              Hey man-just checkin.

Comment

Wow, DreX must have taken Securb off his ignore list!

We have witnessed personal growth in this thread.
                                Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                                The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                                There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                                Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                                I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Working...
                                X