banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent guits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent guits

So.. I wanted to start something that I'm sure would be the staple of 2015. Think about this for a moment, You have a broken guitar or a project guitar that never got finished. Would you want to give that guitar a second chance, by giving it away to a good home? This is a good Karma thread for any musician (Including me) who can't afford a decent guitar. Post your giveaways to anybody. The rules are:
    1. It must not be major branded.
    2. It must be unique, and odd.
    3. Have fun giving away guitars to people.
    4. You must at least include strings with the guitar.
    5. Be nice. ^_^
    6. You can give away any kind of configuration guitar, whether it be SSS, HSS, HSH or HH, or HS or any config.
    7. Most of all, show your appreciation!

Have fun!

Nate, out.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Could we, and I am just suggesting this. Donate our spare parts and ship them all to one forum bro to slap them all together. Then we GIVE the finished guitar to someone in need of a good axe. A new dad, a youngster or someone overseas. I am willing to bet forum bros would be more willing to part with parts than a whole axe.

Comment

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Could we, and I am just suggesting this. Donate our spare parts and ship them all to one forum bro to slap them all together. Then we GIVE the finished guitar to someone in need of a good axe. A new dad, a youngster or someone overseas. I am willing to bet forum bros would be more willing to part with parts than a whole axe.
      That may be more practical. I have a lot more parts than guitars that is for sure.

Comment

I have a squier neck but the headstock logo was sanded off. 21 frets, no tuners, no neck plate, no screws, im a 22 fret MINIMUM person. I would love to accept the parts and build it.............. I also own a body shop so I could refinish if needed.
        Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian
        Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
        I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

You don't want this gear list.............

Comment

Originally posted by Toner View Post
          I have a squier neck but the headstock logo was sanded off. 21 frets, no tuners, no neck plate, no screws, im a 22 fret MINIMUM person. I would love to accept the parts and build it.............. I also own a body shop so I could refinish if needed.
          I got a set of locking tuners for the neck and a neck plate.

Comment

op mentioned something different, i could do that in the paint job, I just did this on one of my Prestiges....

Click image for larger version

Name:	10636081_1041102419238613_1541006701102753820_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	5784497
            Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
            I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

Comment

Someone that does headstock decals could do a custom SD forum decal.

Comment

Good idea. I didn't think of that.
                Gear
                Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

I can handle that it would be easy.

I am guessing SD would donate pickups....EVAN, SCOTT!

Comment

That's a great idea, actually. I wish someone would slap a Strat together for me.
                    Gear

Comment

I got a ton of parts. I'll throw down. Great idea, BTW!
                      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

I say once we have a body we start looking for a home for the guitar and shipping the parts. This thread would be a great place to start nominating recipients.

Comment

I'd love to thrown in a pickup! Personally I think whomever provides the body could be the one to assemble said parts guitar?
                          Originally posted by dg27
                          Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy72 View Post
                            I'd love to thrown in a pickup! Personally I think whomever provides the body could be the one to assemble said parts guitar?
                            There are a ton of experienced builders and Luthiers on the site. I build a ton of guitars but would be honored to have one of these guys build an axe for me. Lets take baby steps. The body donor might not even want be the one to build the axe.

Comment

There are a ton of experienced builders and Luthiers on the site. I build a ton of guitars but would be honored to have one of these guys build an axe for me. Lets take baby steps. The body donor might not even want be the one to build the axe.
                              Okay... I see your point. I figured that it'd be a little easier to have whomever has the body to assemble it but you're right.
                              Originally posted by dg27
                              Salad plates are aerodynamically more effective than dinner plates, which are too heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X