banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent guits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    I hate to sound like an old man, but here goes. Folks, this is the future of our world right here. This is what happens when all of the children are winners, and they get a participation trophy. They have no idea what it is like to have to work for something. They expect everything to be given to them. I knew exactly where this thread was going from the original post. I hate to break the news to you people, but there's not many people left in this world that have any morals, values, or ethics. I once posted a picture on this forum of a half thrown together guitar of mine that I've had for years, and never really done anything with. At that time there was another 15 or 16 year old kid on the forum. He was starting a band, and just fell in love with that guitar. It kind of tripped me out that he had the audacity to actually ask me if he could have it. I never in a million years would have done anything like that. Anyways, I thought about it, and said what the heck. I told him that he could have the guitar if he paid for shipping. He wrote me back, and threw a hissy fit because of that. Now if that would have been me at 16 years old, I would have hustled my ass off doing odd jobs to pay for the shipping for that. I guess that's the difference between my generation and the new one. Everybody wants something, but they don't want to work for it.
    Kid must have been smoking something. At least you got to see their true colors before you sent them anything. And you tried to do something kind to help somebody out and that is really cool. You just happen to run into a special kind of dumbass who needs somebody to give them a free guitar stuck up their ass side ways.

Comment

Re: The Broken Guitar Giveaway Thread. Good Karma To Musos who can't afford decent gu

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      I hate to sound like an old man, but here goes. Folks, this is the future of our world right here. This is what happens when all of the children are winners, and they get a participation trophy. They have no idea what it is like to have to work for something. They expect everything to be given to them. I knew exactly where this thread was going from the original post. I hate to break the news to you people, but there's not many people left in this world that have any morals, values, or ethics. I once posted a picture on this forum of a half thrown together guitar of mine that I've had for years, and never really done anything with. At that time there was another 15 or 16 year old kid on the forum. He was starting a band, and just fell in love with that guitar. It kind of tripped me out that he had the audacity to actually ask me if he could have it. I never in a million years would have done anything like that. Anyways, I thought about it, and said what the heck. I told him that he could have the guitar if he paid for shipping. He wrote me back, and threw a hissy fit because of that. Now if that would have been me at 16 years old, I would have hustled my ass off doing odd jobs to pay for the shipping for that. I guess that's the difference between my generation and the new one. Everybody wants something, but they don't want to work for it.
      Wait, was that one of those dyed explorers you had, the purple and blue ones? Finish those damned guitars, they're awesome!
      Last edited by GuitarStv; 03-12-2015, 12:18 PM.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Wait, was that one of those dyed explorers you had, the purple and blue ones? Finish those damned guitars, they're awesome!
        lol....Lord no. It was an old strat body and neck that I had painted all crazy.

Comment

Depends on what you're thinking. I own a Squier California Series Strat now. Surprisingly, I've never had to replace anything aside from strings. Which I SOMEHOW got for free. I wasn't even looking to buy anything and someone threw me a set of GHS Guitar Boomers with 11-50 gauge winding. Surprisingly, the guitar holds well with the stock pickups. But I have been complentating replacing the bridge with an SH-4. Doing the Billie Joe style mod.
          Gear
          Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
          Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
          Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
          Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
          Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
          Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Working...
          X